Silent Burner marked XE

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by A A C, May 8, 2021.

1. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

I have just found a Primus Nr 1 , the tank is marked «B» (1912) it has the characteristic narrow shallow spirit cup mounted low on the font . However the burner is not original it being a Primus silent type .
    After cleaning I found that the hex on the burner is stamped «XE».
    What does this denote ?
    Is it a date code ? «X» would be 1933 .
    Is it an inventory / production mark like the lower case letters / numbers found on some older stoves.
    I’d be very grateful for any information . Cheers

2. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

55E8CF49-196B-40ED-9073-89CBE9080C12.jpeg
    Here is the aforementioned burner
    90B94027-7B93-46E7-B602-D8DE9BB7EA22.jpeg
    The old style shallow spirit cup .

The whole question of the burner has turned out to be academic. As I was refitting the jet I discovered the threads were stripped, it had been remarkably easy to remove . So I have put on a modern burner I had under the bench.
    A8609949-7C86-4AA2-8B5E-AC0C5CD74771.jpeg
    So here it is looking like grandma in a push-up bra !
    The filler cap is from a Radius. This old stove has been used a lot but will live to fight another day

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Great to get a oldie working again, too bad about the threads. Wonder what it would take to repair if possible or worth the expense.
    Duane

4. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

@hikerduane
    I dont know , it can’t be the original burner anyway as its a Nr 1. I dont think its worth repairing unless the XE mark makes it something special . Ill put it in «the drawer» with the other indispensable components . Worst case I can solder/braze a jet onto it. Paradoxically the roarer is more correct for the stove . Just looks screechingly new at the moment .