Sirram Stove & Kettle Outfit

Discussion in 'Marris Ltd - (Sirram)' started by Rincewind, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Rincewind

I found this spirit burner kettle at a church fayre, I paid 50p for it!
    It had been used as an ornament, copious amounts of brasso residue were testament to that!
    I use it as it was intended and love it! :lol:
    But what is is? and how old is it?
    Can anyone help?
    The Kettle lid says "Sirram" Regd Design No. 556348 and the burner lid says Remove screws before lighting "Sirram"
    So far from this site I've found out the Sirram is part of Marris Ltd, but that's all.
    The kettle, burner and stand seem to be made of copper.

1354935328-DSCF2219_opt.jpg

1354935336-DSCF2217_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. RonPH

I believe it is part of a set on a picnic wicker basket with tableware. I think it uses alcohol to heat the large kettle. I have seen one before on the internet. Thats all I can share.

3. Zincman

It looks like an early Sirram picnic kettle set, or part of an outfit. They(Marris) made all sorts of spirit kettles and picnic outfits, later taking up Thermos flasks. I think they were still in business until the 1960's. I haven't seen one like this, but I'm not an expert. Much of their output was in tin-plate.
    Link shows more. I have a small collection.
    Glad it's found a good home.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Cypryphrenia

I have a redcap No2 and a Wasp set and they are nice to have and occasionally use. However this one of yours looks particualy nice polish and enjoy using it on retro picnics this summer. Nice score

5. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Welcome to CCS.

What is it? I think you covered that yourself so I'll not go over that again.

The design number indicates the design is from the early 1900's - doesn't necessarily mean the outfit is that old but from the style of this compared to other similar ones I've seen in dated material I'd put this in first quarter of last century.