1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirram Wasp

Discussion in 'Marris Ltd - (Sirram)' started by Zincman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Zincman United Kingdom

I came across this forgotten item today at the back of the heap. A Sirram box with a Wasp boiling set. It came as you see it but I think it's a "bitsa" as not everything matches. However I spotted the reference to the Motoring kettle and dug out one I found about 2 years ago. I know that the electric kettle is not strictly stove goods but it shows the progression towards the modern motoring market in the 1950's (I think). I must get a suitable plug for the lighter socket in the car as I have tried it on a 12v battery and it does work,eventually!

If anyone has seen a Sirram Volcano kettle I'd be most interested in either a photo or a trade for the real thing!

1288536657-IMG_3561_opt.jpg

1288536692-IMG_3568_opt.jpg 1288536725-IMG_3569_opt.jpg 1288536805-IMG_3570_opt.jpg 1288536833-IMG_3566_opt.jpg 1288536851-IMG_3567_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. pshaw United States

It's been said before....you guys find some neat stuff over there. Nice item!

3. The Bird

The Bird New Zealand Subscriber

Hello Zincman,

I have this very set, but without the Spirit Bottle. My Burner looks a little different to yours though.

I use the Kettle with a Marburn Coil Burner (a Stesco copy made in New Zealand,) as a Travelling Brew Kit. It fits into a "Fat 50" Ammunition Box, along with tea and coffee makings, and a cup.

I find that it will boil the Kettle in about 8 minutes, and leaves me enough hot water to clean my cup, and some to spare. The time it takes to unpack it, make a cuppa, and re-pack it, gives me a welcome and sufficient break from driving.

I must admit that I have not tried the Alcohol Burner to brew with, as the Coil Burner works so well. Perhaps I should try it, but I find there is less fuss with the Coil Burner. If you would like pictures, just say the word.

Best regards,

Mike.