size of o ring in adaptor?

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by G1gop, Mar 27, 2020.

1. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

I decided to change the o rings in my gas cylinder adaptors
    The ones that go on those cheap non threaded to make them be used on tbreaded. I am sorry I have temp forgotten the names, having a ' senior moment' lol.
    I have a stock of o rings but not this small ( see pics). Can anyone give me the sizing please? I have a lot of these cylinders to use up as some have got a bit corroded. Not dangerous but need using.
    20200327_144824.jpg

20200327_144903.jpg

2. William Ritchie

Best thing would be to measure the stem for diameter , groove for width and depth . They of course make both SAE and metric O rings . If you have an auto supplier shop near by the selector they use usually has the top cut in circles to be able match the original very quickly . Hopefully you can carefully remove the old one for a match up . Sorry I couldn't be of more help . WR

3. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

@William Ritchie Thanks. I admit I was being lazy lol. I will measure it later. I was just hoping one of the 'fountain of all knowledge's ' was online to save me trying to find my calipers. I have both imperial and metric o ring sets. Just not quite this small.