Sometimes, I HATE loving stoves!!!!

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Doc Mark, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Good Morning, All,

When you get right down to it, sometimes I HATE loving stoves!!! Why, you may ask? Well, yesterday was a great example of totally losing grasp of my senses!! This past week, or two, have seen plenty of action at the Doc & SB household, scurrying about, here and there, grabbing stoves, packing them for the trip to the CASG Stove Gathering #10. You may recall that my mission for this event, was to bring only a few of my own stoves, and fill the truck, instead, with BajaBum's collection, so we, as his Fellow Stovies, can buy items from it, with all money donated to the Foundation that kept Steve alive and comfortable for the last year, or so, before he passed.

So, imagine my own embarrassment, after I'd loaded up all the stoves that I wanted to bring...... and found that the entire damned truck was now FULL, with NO room for Steve's stuff!!! Maybe "self-loathing" is too strong a word, but I WAS very disappointed in myself, that I got so carried away with my love of stoves, that I lost sight of my mission!! Oh, well.........:oops: :doh: ](*,) :oops:

So, today, I'll be unloading about 3/4 of what I packed yesterday, winnowing through it down in the driveway, and then repacking with about 2/3 of that stuff having to be carried right back upstairs today, so that there is plenty of room for Steve's goodies!!

For those that attend the Gathering, please come by our camp and kick Ol' Doc in the slats, just to repay me for getting so carried away with my love of stoves, that I pulled that huge faux paux, yesterday!! What a MORON!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (fighting the Stove Pox with his every breath!!)

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Your cup automobile runneth over with stoves Mark.

I take issue with you calling yourself a MORON - which is incidentally almost an anagram for NO ROOM - if there were room for another 'O' that is!

Have a great time and well done to you on the fundraiser.

John

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I unloaded my new canvas tent and changed one lantern, then added an old small stove.
    Duane

4. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi Doc, i hope you all have a great time at the CASG stove gathering #10, and hope the gathering raise a nice amount for Steve's collection.

i look forward reading up on your gathering when you get back

5. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

Sorry I can't make it. Looking forward to the post game report! Jerry

6. Jack Enright

@Doc Mark

Go easy on yourself, Doc - we all mess up at times, and some of mine have been equally spectacular, and just as embarrassing! :oops:

What matters is that you didn't take the easy way out, and leave Steve's gear at home; you put in a lot of time and effort to get it all to the meet.

A wise saying that I got from a wise old man:
    "You show me a man who never made a mistake - and I'll show you a man that never made anything."

With best regards,
    Jack

7. kerry460

kerry460 Australia R.I.P.

i would love to see photos of his gear .
    it is difficult to buy something without knowing wat is available .

i realise doc is doing a lot of work .

kerry

8. hikin_jim

Hey, at least you didn't scorch one of the picnic tables like one other stovie did. :oops:

HJ

9. flivver

flivver United States Subscriber

And scorched with a high tec state of the art modern fool proof stove at that. Mike...

10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Hey, HJ,

Not to worry, Lad. Later, when testing a pair of SVEA 123's that I'd rebuilt that day, I, too, added a bit of a scorch to one of the table tops, when the Meths prime leaked out of the spirit cup, and set fire to the table!!! :oops: :whistle: And, lest we forget, the lovely scorched ring that "someone" added to the redwood railing down outside the Hobbit Hole, testing a Borde stove inside a Ranger cook set........, AND, the scorch underneath our custom maple cutting block.....
    As you can see... that trail has been trod by others before you, HJ, so you are not alone!! ;) :lol:

Doc

11. hikin_jim

The problem with foolproof stoves is that they keep coming up with better fools...

HJ

12. Jack Enright

. . . and once the fools get the latest Service Pack downloaded and installed . . .

upload_2017-4-19_20-49-17.png

It's good advice (says the bloke who once blew 34 fuses - including some rated 45A - with one press of a single button in a factory!!).

When the works electrician asked me how I did it - as he could find no fault in the equipment or the wiring - I replied:

"It's a gift, Charlie - you're either born with it, or you aren't."
    8]

13. hikin_jim

14. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

How about a road trip .... and after all the hear you need ..... you can only bring a few classics to a meet? :(