SotM (Stove of the Month) June 2019

Discussion in 'Stove of the Month Archive' started by Spiritburner, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

Ok - one for the enthusiast users as well as the collector. This month the category is 'Beaters' or 'Rat' stoves. The more signs of use the better! Lets see your stoves that have had a hard life & show it. They may look rough but of course the important parts are well maintained so they work as they should.

Check out the rules below as they differ from past months.

Post your nomination as a reply to this post - the rougher the better.

The rules.
    • Stove must feature outdoors in the Action Gallery with a link posted in the entry. So now's the time to get those stoves photographed & posted! If it's been listed for years already that is ok too.
    • Maximum of 2 pictures in the entry. The pictures must show the stove in it's entirety. More pictures can of course be shown in the linked Action Gallery entry - as many as you want!
    • Stove must be presently owned by the member.
    • One entry per member.
    This nominations post will be open for the month of June. At the end of the month the post will be closed & the qualifying stoves placed in a blind poll for members to vote for. The poll will remain open for 1 week. Most votes is the winner.

The winner will get a SofM Winner notation on their posts & profile & a £10 voucher code from The Fettlebox

If this takes off & is repeated sufficient times throughout the year all winners will be entered into a Stove of the Year poll in January 2020. The winner will get a SotY notation on their posts.

Good luck & have fun!

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber SotM Winner

Townson & Coxson twin-burner stove, cosmetically challenged but functional and featured in THIS action gallery post.

CAB6AC54-AE4F-4A7A-81A8-662F7E6EC9C8.jpeg

Complex burner regulator valve and pricker assemblies, outlined in the post HERE on how it was got into working order.

18481E03-0DAD-40FE-9643-298AEB47FF9C.jpeg

John

3. igh371

igh371 Subscriber SotM Winner

4. nmp

nmp United Kingdom Subscriber

5. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

6. Lennart F Sweden

I was about to show my first T27 - quite battered and complete original mid-70's with nonstick pan and without kettle.
    But now I have to check once more if I have something batter in a dark corner that could perform any outdoor cooking:-k:-k:-k
    My second 27 doesn't fit here as it came without any vessels so that late 70's battie is fitted with a new frankie set of vessels.

7. Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce Subscriber SotM Winner

Here is my Companion Stove, the rust in the trivit is just useable but it works like a beautie.
    Cheers
    Rob
    It’s in the action gallery but for the life of me I could not get the link to work, I think it’s just me . It’s in camping in the bush.

{admin} https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/camping-in-the-bush.35413/

0972DEC4-081F-48C2-83DE-BE10CE5E667C.jpeg

8DF5206B-7063-4BF3-8622-460A65BB780E.jpeg

8. Twoberth

Twoberth United Kingdom Subscriber

Here is my old lady, a Svea No. 5 featured in the Action Gallery here.

I think she is from the 1930s as it is stamped 'Svea No.5' rather than the more usual 'Svea 5'.
    She's a bit battered but still going strong.

DSC08108.JPG

DSC08113.JPG

Love her to bits!

9. Simes

Simes Subscriber

I guess a not unexpected late entry as usual.

The glorious Packaway posted here.

A brace of Packaways

IMG_20190609_064442.jpg

The darling user is a workhorse and a few things not already mentioned is the spirit cup spins like a top and the base of the fount has seen better days.

IMG_20190630_183716.jpg

It does what it says on the tin, in all respects. I'm not going to do anything with this other than carry on using.

ETA. Considering recent fettling posts I don't remember touching either the filler cap seal or the NRV and have no intention of ever doing so in the forseable future.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, All,

Years ago, I chanced upon a tarnished, corroded, and somewhat filthy Optimus 00. She was inside an old Bank bag, of all things! I just posted her here, in the Action Gallery, but here are a few shots, just for fun:

2.jpg

And, the obligatory, and fun, flame shot:

6.jpg

Nasty as she looks, she's still lovely to ME, and she works a treat!! I figure with a few more tanks of good, clean kero run through here, the flame will blue-up nicely!

Here's a link to the complete Action Gallery post, with more photos, and the "rest of the story"!

https://classiccampstoves.com/threa...here-was-this-old-bank-bag.41534/#post-435739

I wish I had owned a nicer camera back then. Hopefully, these shots will do. In truth, I should take some new ones, with the big camera. The Old Gal deserves it, that's for sure!! Thanks, for giving my Old Gal an eye. I'm sure she appreciates it!! ;) :lol: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.