Svea 50-serial

Discussion in 'Svea No:53' started by optipri, Feb 10, 2019.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Maybe the headline for this folder should be changed to include all models in this serial.
    Fact is that they are a high number.
    This model was launched in the early 30:s and listed as a novelty in the catalogue no 933.
    Here we can see 9 versions, left tank, right tank, roarer burner, silent burner an regulated burner. And fixed together to get a 2-burner version.

But they were available in either nickel plating or brass so this gives 18 models.
    During the production period there was a change in design, the style of the tank was changed and the frame and drip tray was redesigned. So this give us a total number of 36 versions!
    I have a notice in a catalogue that the burner model also was replaced so it might be even more versions.

In this post you can find three models, no 53, no 55 and no 57.

This is a late version of no 55 with the fitting to convert it to a 2-burner model

55.JPG 55box.JPG fitting.JPG

This image shows the later model of No 53 in brass and the earlier No 57.

53-57.JPG

Here the differences in design are shown, the later and the earlier tank and different drip trays.
    The later one is fixed with a wing nut to make it unloseable.
    At the early model the frame was fixed into the tank with 2 screws while the later only was hooked onto it.
    Also the flat iron that holds the burner was moved 90 degrees. In the early version the control wheel shaft was carried through a hole in the iron.

new tank.JPG new tray.JPG old tank.JPG old tray.JPG

Bo

2. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

Hi Bo

You have mentioned a large number of models. But there are more.

You have not included 56, 57, 56/57, 154, 155, 154/155, and the military 158 which is a 154 with modified tank so that fits inside a strong metal case.

You may remember my initial investigation into the Svea range stoves some years ago here.

I agree that the SRG should be changed. At the moment, most examples are in 'Other Models'.

3. Mark Layman

Mark Layman Subscriber

I like the way it looks. Would like to see one for sale one day.

4. optipri

optipri Subscriber

You are right, I forgot them in one of the first years the burner was repalced by another so that's why there are additional model number.
    I believe there is a yacht model too if I remember right.

Unfortunately does not the link to your investigation work.

5. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

6. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Thanks, Trevor!
    I have miss that post. Very instructive and a lot of interesting information.
    Now we have better find a catalogue from the fifties to clear things out.

Bo