Svea Campus Nr. 5

Discussion in 'Campus No:5' started by JacobLotz, Sep 10, 2015.

1. JacobLotz

This week I scored this one. It is the Campus nr. 5 without the pump. I bought it to sabotage a Dutch trader who buys stoves on the Dutch local 'Ebay' (marktplaats.nl) to sell them on ebay for 2 or 3 times the Dutch prices. In this way we saw many very nice stoves do go away for way to high prices (mostly Optimus 22 or 111) and the stove prices in the Netherlands are rising very fast.

Getting back to this stove. It looks very nice. The stove itself is complete, unfortunately no spiritcan or manual. As I can find on the internet, these were made in the 1930's.

Before I light it, does anyone know what kind of fuel to put in this stove? It has no pump, so I guess it should be gasoline?

Of course some photo's. I tried to capture the text on the inner part of the control knob.

Jacob

IMG_5863.JPG IMG_5864.JPG IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5866.JPG IMG_5867.JPG IMG_5868.JPG IMG_5869.JPG IMG_5870.JPG IMG_5871.JPG

2. janders

janders Subscriber

Congratulations on a very nice Campus 5B.
    The fuel is indeed gasoline.
    Do be aware that it can be hard to service the SRV without making marks on the brass [-X.

3. janders

janders Subscriber

This might help a bit. This is the English page, there are 4 pages in different languages. My scanner didn't like it, so this is the only one until I figure out what happened .
    Campus5Bmanual.jpg
    Edit: Found out that this page is already in the instructions part here

4. JacobLotz

Wow! Many thanks Janders! Will print that one and add it!

Tanks!

5. janders

janders Subscriber

I figured it out :D/

Complete Campus 5B manual is now here