Svea Duplex No. 2/815

Discussion in 'Svea Simplex' started by optipri, Nov 14, 2016.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Not a Simplex but the 2-burner version called duplex. The /815 indicates it has silent burners.
    This stove is probably one of the first versions with enameled steel sheet frame. In catalogues from the 1910:s the cast iron model is shown, the one in this earlier post. But it appears in this catalogue from 1934. Mine has some slight differences though. There is no attachment between the burners, and there has for sure never been one, I had big problems loosen the screws. And the nrv:s are accessible from the out side of the tank, not like on later models as shown in the part list. So probably late 1920 or early 1930.
    It was in a terrible condition when I found it but has turn out quite well after cleaning.

Bo

CIMG8900.JPG

CIMG8901.JPG CIMG8902.JPG CIMG8904.JPG CIMG8905.JPG CIMG8906.JPG

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @optipri

With that external "NRV", what is at the bottom of the pump tube?

Tony

3. Conny C

Conny C Subscriber

Hi Bo, another fine stove. I have a French Markt & Cie (JOLP) 1932 image of the Simplex and Duplex stoves. Similar to your stove but maybe equipped with other burners.

/Conny

1932 Markt Jolp Svea Simplex and Duplex.jpg

4. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I was a bit fuzzy. It is not an external NRV but is is possible to serve it from outside. On img nr 5 you can see it peeking out from the bottom of the tank.

Bo

5. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I am sure it is the same kind of stove but with silent burners instead of roarer. My stove is coming from France so it is probably this way they looked. So now we know it is from the early 30:s.

Bo

6. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia