Svea Komfur

Discussion in 'Svea Komfurer - all models' started by Guzz, May 29, 2011.

1. Guzz Denmark

This is an old cast iron framed model which I assume was made for the danish market. The name 'komfur' is used in danish (and maybe norwegian), but has not been used in swedish. This model is a bit confusing as the normal simplex model must have been from the same time and it is quite common in Denmark, whereas this model isn't.

This stove must have seen a bit of use and had the burner replaced at some time. The original was probably a silent burner as seen on the other stove in this section. The tank is identical to the one fitted to the first variation of the simplex. This stove was one of a batch that all seemed to have been cleaned with rough steel wool unfortunately.

1306682421-Svea_Komfur_side.jpg

1306682421-Svea_Komfur_side.jpg 1306682440-Svea_Komfur_top.jpg 1306682452-Svea_Komfur_name.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. RonPH

Hey Nils, lovely cast iron stand. You may be right, must have had a silent burner originally. Still a nice stove with a roarer on it :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing pictures.

Ron

3. Sparky

I wonder how effective the burner was at keeping the tank heated and thus pressurized.

4. Ian

Ian Subscriber

It doesn't need to. There's a pump to pressurise the tank. The 1st image is a bit deceptive but the pump is more obvious on the 3rd picture.
    Also, the tank has a pressure relief so it is obviously not a petrol stove, as most self-pressurisers are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  5. Sparky

Ah, of course, not sure how I missed the pump. Old eyes, I guess.