Svea No 15

Discussion in 'Svea No:15' started by Hugh_Manatee, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hugh_Manatee

Hugh_Manatee Subscriber

With things as they are, I want an emergency cooking facility. Why not sort one of the ones in the loft? I would have got these stoves from the bay years ago. I'm afraid I don't know the age. The filler cap detail was broken before I got it. This cap is very tight down to I think the seal. This will be replaced.

image.jpeg

Trade mark engraving:

image.jpeg

Is this a sort of flame spout? Does it take the last bit of flame from the priming tray and deliver it to the burner?

image.jpeg

Hopefully we will have a flame shot in due course. If I hold my thumb over the filler hole and pump, it build pressure quite nicely.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @Hugh_Manatee I look forward to seeing your Svea No15 operating. You are quite correct in your assumption about the patent “igniter” fitted to your stove. See a similar one here:

Svea No.15 - 1930s *

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Hugh, the markings and font style on your Svea No.15 indicate a date in the early to mid 1930s Earlier Svea had used a very distinctive 'bubble writing' font and in the later 1930s they adopted a new badge and the 'King of Stoves 'logo(e.g.). I am a great fan of the Svea flame 'leader' which acts as a very efficient lighting mechanism for when the main priming charge is just about burnt out. An exceptionally practical stove for reliable everyday use.
    Ian:thumbup:

@Hugh_Manatee

4. Radler

The pump knob looks very much like a knob with travel cap parked on it. The knurlings at both ends helps to screw the cap off. I presume, the plunger came from a collapsible stove. Usually such caps are missed where they should be, here it is the contrary.

Radler