SVEA picture test

Discussion in 'Practice Forum' started by 551AEVS, Apr 23, 2018.

1. 551AEVS

551AEVS Subscriber

Testing 155 testing 155.

WP_20180422_16_12_49_Pro.jpg

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
  3. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

The burner hasnt shown up correctly

4. 551AEVS

551AEVS Subscriber

Hi!
    What do You mean?

5. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

Hi @551AEVS and welcome to CCS.

You are missing the inner and outer caps on both burners.

I'm no expert on these particular stoves but you have one control knob for the regulators on the left and the other on the right. They would normally both be on the same side as the pumps to give the cook easy access to the controls.

Also the central tube on the lower burner looked distorted at first glance, but after enlarging the picture I think it is because the camera was directly above it and the lighting was from a low angle on the left of the picture.

Regards

John

6. 551AEVS

551AEVS Subscriber

Yes the inner and outer caps are missing, the stove has been hanging on the wall in a garage for probably 30+ years. Just took it down to take some images, will have a go at fettling soon.

Yes it is an odd combo, the two stoves are spot-welded to the bottom plate, I am going to have a hard time reaching the wing-nuts that hold down the burners.

7. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

Ah! Spot welded together makes a bit more sense of what we are seeing. I think I have seen double burner stoves of this type with a fount (tank) at both ends or one in the middle feeding both burners. But never until now one tank in the middle and another at the end.

The single tank in the middle is only possible with regulated burners. With one tank per burner you could get away with non-regulated burners because the output could be controlled by moderating the individual tank pressures.

With regards the inner and outer caps you should be able to get some on-line. They won't necessarily be Svea but you should be able to get the stove running. Once you have caps it would be prudent to wire them in place so they don't get misplaced again.

We'd love to see some flame shots once it is fettled.

Regards
    John