Svea Sievert 35 Heater/Reflector advice needed

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by dday, Nov 20, 2014.

1. dday

dday Subscriber

Evening all,
    I just purchased a Sievert 35 stove that has the tall riser, so I am assuming that it was originally setup as a heater. Its missing lots of parts and should be here in the next week or so, but I'd like to get a idea if the reflector or heater device is available for it. I have a Tilley R55 heater reflector that I could probably make into a working reflector, but that brass heat device that is supported over the burner is going to be a tough one to locate here in the USA. I could make the rod that sits in the leg and make it loop out over the burner if a brass heater cup is available. I'd imagine I could silver solder the leg to the brass heater cover? Any advice or source for the parts would be much appreciated. I remember seeing the heater cups for the stoves somewhere for sale in the UK, but can't remember where? Thanks again!!!

Dan

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Dan,

Sounds like a great find, my friend!! Does it look anything like a Primus 110? If so, I can take plenty of photos of my own setup, with it's reflector. Like you, I had to pieced the complete system together, and thanks to plenty of help by exeter_yak, and another friend in The Netherlands, who wishes to remain nameless, I finally got my complete 110 up and running like a champ, with all it's parts in place!!

If your SVEA is something akin to the 110, I can make measurements, take photos, of if you need it, loan you some parts to see if they work with your SVEA. I've seen those brass heater bells on a Korean site, and they might be able to help you get a nice looking replacement bell. Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firebowl-He...139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3387b5e5f3

That seller offers another type, like one I saw on a very early Optimus stove/heater, too, and like this one, it appears very well done, and classy!

Let me know if I can help you in any of the ways mentioned, and I'll happily do so. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Murph

Murph United States Subscriber

Pataffinalia.biz has the brass heater dome, got mine through them.

Murph

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

5. dday

dday Subscriber

Thanks much gentlemen and thats just what I was after. I also searched the Parra site last evening as I also remembered seeing them there too, but they do not appear to be listed now. I still sent the owner a email just to be safe as I need some inner and outer caps also. I may be jumping the gun a little since I have not even received it yet, but I am pretty excited to get it and work on it. Its been quite a while since I have been into the stoves, so this might get me back thinking like a stovie :D/ . I'm also hoping maybe the owner might know of a place I could find the correct reflector for this as I think the Tilley R55 reflector will be too large. Have a good afternoon and thanks again Gentlemen!!!

Dan

6. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

7. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Hey Dan, good for you.
    Is this one like it?
    Link

Ken in NC

8. dday

dday Subscriber

Thank you for the link for the R1 reflector and that is more like the size I'll need.

Ken, yes Sir that is the one and I hope to one day have one that beautiful!!!!

9. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Dan congratulations on your new purchase.
    I have one like it and mine also was a project finding all the parts.

1416633342-snowsvea35.jpg

These were the two stoves I bought.
    The dish came with a Prince 105 but the riser was too short
    1416633451-IMG_6663.JPG

This Svea 35 was without any parts but it was just what I was looking for.
    1416633486-IMG_1734aa.JPG

I made the dome support and the legs and also made a tank shield from a spaghetti pot.

1416633818-photo_2_1___Copy_.JPG

Let me know if you need any measurements

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  10. dday

dday Subscriber

Thanks Doug!!! I sure appreciate it and when the stove arrives, I'll be in touch to get a few dimensions. I think the hardest item that I'll nee dot find will be the back reflector. I have one from a Tilley heater, but it'll be too large and will look silly. Hopefully someone might have a smaller one available that they'd consider selling. Have a good evening and thanks again!!!
    Dan

11. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

As mentioned above it calls for a 12 inch reflector.Dan let me know when you need any measurements. I will keep my eyes open for the reflector your looking for