Svecia No.1 problem

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Torbjørn Gjertsen, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Torbjørn Gjertsen Norway

This stove has an issue. This silent burner works fine on my radius stove, but on the Svecia all my 5 burners performs like this. Fuel is White spirit and there is no water. I suspect a internal leak in the riser tube that presses air into the burner. What do you think? Se my video you can see it is not burning as it should:

2. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

That stove is designed to burn kerosene.

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

I think it’s an international fuel names issue. Poster says his burner(s) work on a Radius stove, which he’s burning the same stuff in I supposed.
    The fuel pickup tube. Indeed, a pinhole or split in that above the fuel level would make the fuel mixture too lean, creating that type of flame pattern. It should depressurise quicker than usual too, like having the fuel/air lever up on a Coleman stove.

4. Torbjørn Gjertsen Norway

abbahco1
    You are right about that. White Spirit has a lower flash point than Kerosene or Parafin as it's called around here. I would not recommend using it. There is a safety risk. There are different White spirits in different countries with different flash point. Kerosene is the way to go. Here in Norway kerosene is forbidden for home house heating so the canned kerosene is quite expensive. So I have tried the "winter diesel" that which has a high kerosene content so it wont stop your car when there is -35 degrees celcius. This diesel burns great on my radius burner. Se the picture. IMG_20210304_182624.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  5. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

I see...here, white spirit would be much more volatile! I have noticed that alcohol (even when the burners are designed for it) seem to burn with a far less "substantial" flame than kerosene.