Svecia No.5

Discussion in 'K.F. Eriksson's (KFE)' started by ROBBO55, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

This Svecia came to me in the condition as shown. I gave it a gentle clean and replaced the seals.

The stove features include

The early silent burner as shown in the 1911 catalogue https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/1911-k-f-erikssons-svecia-catalogue.24809/
    The burner has no manufacturer markings except a K stamped as shown in the photo

Early pump rod design featuring fixed backstop with leather sealing washer behind the pump cup.

The external NRV

Wide feet pads

Cast iron trivet (Does not match the 1911 catalogue)

There are no marks or inscriptions on either the filler cap or pressure release key.

There are no other markings on the stove itself other than what is shown in the pictures. There is no manufacturer mark on the tank bottom nor are there inscriptions on the tank sides.

1.JPG

2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG P3300048.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG

Up and running

23.JPG

20.JPG 21.JPG 22.JPG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

@ROBBO55 , excellent example, you are especially lucky to have the original correct top caps for that burner. I think the cast trivet could well be original too. It is (was) a proprietary design which is often found on Eriksson stoves of that era. Eriksson didn't seem to put their name on many of the components that they used. A great find.
    Ian:thumbup:

3. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @ROBBO55

Excellent!

Where did you pick that up from?

Tony

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

5. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Nice score!

6. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

@igh371
    Thanks Ian for your assessment of the stove.
    I wasn't sure of the trivet. When you look at the catalogue the design in the casting are more curved intersecting lines than the cross hatch pattern on this one.

@Tony Press
    Thanks Tony, I found the stove a couple of years ago at a weekend market in Port Stephens near Newcastle (Australia). It's been quietly sitting in a box in the shed awaiting it's turn.

@presscall
    Thanks John, I love the old brassies and as I learn't more about what I had found my appreciation for it grew.

@The Warrior
    Thanks