Swedish Military Kantin Set - M8210-104000

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Kev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Kev

Hi,

I have a Swedish Military Kantin Set - M8210-104000 from 1974 that I am about to put up for sale in Scotland and was wondering if anyone could let me know the value or what sort of price people would be willing to pay for such a set? - Any assistance anyone could give would be very much appreciated?

1422129895-Swedish_-_KANTIN_opt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Dutch_Peter

I don't like to sound like a site moderator :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , but ... Please check sold listings on Ebay, because policy of this site is to not give valuations.
    Here's another one btw

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. monkeyboy

Welcome to the forum, by the way I'd love to have the stove.
    Ship it to the States where I can enjoy it.!!!

buzz

thanks for posting

4. Chef BC

The cost is best decided by the seller and buyer at the time of the sale, as long as both are happy, both profit. :) :) No question that these are fine kits, I own two. There is one remaining question I have which is; what is the function and purpose of the item with leather belt with the two metal hooks on either end?

5. Viscara

Originally Silicon Valley now in Netherlands.
    I really dont like this.. These are people who pick up a stove for pennies at some estate sale or garage sale and they know nothing of the stove then the want to find out the top dollar of the item sold anywhere on the internet and then try to sell the same simular item for the max price even though it is a item not exactly like the one they got the max price idea from. Its either a older version or a far more used item or missing tiny parts. A item sells for tip top shape condition near new a special model with the complete box and accessories for 200 dollars some guy like this finds a item and then tries to sell it 199.00 dollars and its missing parts not the same exact model sold for 200 to some guy in Japan that really really wants that stove. Then some profiteer money guy thinks he can charge the same price as that top price just because he thinks he is entitled to the max price he saw online. See this all the time.. One of the reasons stoves have risen to outrages prices... Sorry I will pass and find it myself for 1/2 of what these want to be "American Pickers" are trying to capitalize on these days as all the rage. I am not paying 200 dollars for a 8R stove with the sticker logo on it with the paint all worn off and repainted with a missing pot leg just because the seller saw a 8r go for 200 dollars that was a 8R stamped logo in pristine condition with the spreader never used in the original box with manual.. Having to spend another 20 for a spreader having a stove that is not original because it was repainted and used and abused to death and still have to make a pot stand leg. I see this all the time. What is it with these people.

6. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

As far as I can see, the guy was just asking. "No harm in asking", as the old saying goes-- about a lot of things!

7. The Bird

Wow, somebody's not happy!!!

He only asked, maybe he wanted to know a fair price so that when someone else who knows the value doesn't rip him off and walk away with a smug look on his dial.

Seen THAT happen a lot too!!!

Would it be more fair to ask those who have one of these to send a PT and let the guy know how much they paid for theirs, and perhaps pass on any hurdles to watch for? It wouldn't be a valuation, but at least the guy would know what he should reasonably expect. Just sayin'.

Best regards,

Mike.

8. The Bird

Oh, and we ALL have the choice to say "no."

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

9. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy R.I.P.

I still like the whole setup. I think I might have all the bits. Looks like, all I need to do is build a box to carry it all in.

sam

10. pysen78

pysen78 Subscriber

@ChefBC: I think its for carrying the water pail longer distances. Not sure as I never used this particular kit in the army.

11. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

I dont get grumpy about this and just offer a dollar 50 if they pick up the postage. I havnt got any stoves that way yet though
    I bought my 8r for 22 needing paint but otherwise good while at the same time a 8r with see through case sold for 120. I wouldnt of even offered my dollar 50 for that one

12. Odd

It's ment for carrying the pots at the same time, stacked on top of eachother. :D/
    In the inventory (and the Manual 'UhR Förpl 1*) it's called a Bäranordning för kittlar.

This particular kit is on p 88, in one of several contents iterations...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  13. Chef BC

Odd, thank you so much :D/ :D/ :D/ Bravo my friend! 8) 8) 8) That has been one of the greatest questions I have never been able to answer for inquisitive friends. The set up is much like this I suppose :)
    1422229169-P1250031_opt.jpg
    Very ingenious :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thank you also for the link to the military field manual, in some ways the practices and methods are very similar to the United States military.
    Kev, If I were you, I would keep the kit you have, if you are not the outdoorsy type the items are of the highest quality. Please do not be put off by no one here willing to offer a value, it is just that a price can vary so much from one situation to the next. Good luck and thanks for writing.
    Chef/Harold

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  14. Viscara

Originally Silicon Valley now in Netherlands.
    Sorry if it sounded harsh but where I am from we see nothing but these characters on a band wagon to profit from the whole vintage fad going on of late. They try to sell you a 25 dollars for a old hand cranked mixer for the kitchen! are you kidding me. Yes and you are correct we can say no. I should give the tongue lashing to those urbanites in my silicon valley native land with foolish cash lining their pockets and laziness to search for their own treasures..

15. dday

dday Subscriber

That sure is a great kit!!! If anyone knows of a source for them in the USA, please give me a shout. I'd look them up overseas, but imagine the shipping would be a deal breaker :oops: .

Dan

16. The Bird

Hello Viscara,

I hear what you say, and I agree. I just follow what Geeves said, if they want too much, give it the Spanish Archer. Another will come along. Unless it is particularly rare, it matters little.

In a similar vein to what you were saying, we are afflicted with Asian buyers with money to burn, and reckless desire. They are another reason for prices being pumped up on the Auction Sites.

By-the-by, where in Middle Earth are you?

Best regards,

Mike.

17. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

I might have to admit to an overpriced buy in a week or so but will wait till its in my hot little hands

18. Odd

Yes, that's it exactly.
    And if you combine your M8210-104000 Kantin 10B /S with the stove kit complementing it (the
    Opti 111 is really intended as the spare/back-up stove): The M8210-111110 Kokutrustning 10B /S
    you will have the COMPLETE "independent unit" kitchen!

Then you will have one 3L coffee pot, 5 large pots (3L, 3L, 3L, 4L and 6L) + 2 frying pans to juggle
    over the 2 kero burners - and enough china, mugs, cutlery etc to serve 10 people in one go... :clap:

Wasn't it Alexander, Ceasar, Frederic, Napoleon or Clausewitz who said: "An army marches on its stomach"
    - and our Swedish (then) million man army would have marched very well indeed!
    Sadly it all ended in the Great Embezzlement of the nineties/noughties... :rage:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  19. Chef BC

Odd, I will have to look into a Kokutrustning 10 B/S, I believe "my source" for these may still be available. Thanks again for the info, the kits I have are both missing the milk cans and several pieces of the flatware are stamped "China". No doubt replacements for lost items(?) :? The two stoves are complete and one has never been fired. :D all other original items have the three Crowns of Sweden. Too bad that my son is grown and away, he was in Boy Scouts and I served as a scout leader; a kit like this would have been superb! :clap: