Taiwan Classic Camp Stoves Meet

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by steelman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. brassnipplekey

Thank you ,Steelman .. Thank you ,Taiwan stovies/lampies :D :D
    What a truly excellent post ...............what a show 8) 8) .
    Keep the flame ..... Keep it blue 8) WOW 8)

Nick

2. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Steelman, you have surprised us all.

I did not know you were organising a stove meet and yet here are the fantastic photos!!

Wonderful, wonderful stuff!
    What a fantastic collection of stoves and lanterns and what a great bunch of people you are. Lets have more from you people 'down under'.

3. steelman

Tfcsimon thank you for your Collections and Participants twccs activities
    this is tfcsimon and his Collections...
    DSC05364.jpg

4. steelman

hi ~shagratork
    We have two President collector..very rare...
    In the first photos of the most right...

5. Lance

Steelman what a supurb meeting you have had. As others have said most outstanding. All those collectors together makes our little US meets seem like a backyard get together. Really the first one was, now we have to try very hard to match this with more and more people in our meets.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> WELL DONE LAD. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Lance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  6. Gordon

Fantastic stoves!! Looks like like a lot of fun for all.

Steelman: What do you know about the little double fount military looking stove in the twelth photo from the top? This one has been in our mystery stove section for some time without any definitive information being provided. I have two of them and would like to find out as much as I can about them. Thanks. Gordon

7. steelman

The little double fount military stove...
    DSC05335.jpg
    DSC05338.jpg

8. Petromax828

Nice meeting Steelman!

Came to think of it, have you ever seen any of those Optimus 8 clones made in Taiwan? Not long ago we had a discussion about a stove that looked like an Optimus 8, but it had a windscreen that it said Made in Taiwan on. It would be interesting to know more about these...

Anders

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Steelman,

Ander's post brings a question to mind. Is that clone of the 8R still being made and sold in Taiwan? If so, is the special windscreen available as an add-on? And, if it is, will it fit a regular Optimus 8R, and where can we all buy one? Many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

10. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

Hi Steelman - congratulations on what looks to have been a fantastic weekend of pressurised fun! So glad it was a success - let us know when the next one is as those of us who can't be there like to be there in 'spirit' if not in body! :lol:
    Great pics of the 111s - if you had lit all of them you could have broken the Swedes record! :lol:

11. steelman

HI~Doc,PTEROMAX828
    SORRY....I konw the clone of the 8R it's no more made and sold in Taiwan now,and hard to find..

12. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Steelman,

Many thanks for letting us know, my Friend! I'd bet that, if someone could come up with a windscreen that looks and works like the on on the Taiwanese 8R clone, that many of us would buy several of them, each! I'll have to give that some thought, and see if I can come up with something. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

13. steelman

Hi~Doc
    Taiwan 8 R clone, formally known as the No. 808, , the original company inside the second floor of a company and homes in taipei, but about 20 years ago to stop selling...

Best Regards

steelman

14. Petromax828

Thank You Steelman!

That is great information, now we have a number on the stove that "Wild Child" owns, it is number 808. You don't by any chance, remember the name of the company that made them?

Anders

15. steelman

Hi~petromax
    the name of the company ...is "shan ke"

Best Regards
    steelman

16. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Good Morning, Steelman, and All,

This has been a very interesting topic, and quite educational! My sincere thanks for Steelman for helping to educate us all about the #808 Taiwanese stoves!! I wonder if the Taiwan/Optimus 99's were made by Shan Ke, too? Do you know this information, Steelman? I know where two of those Taiwan-made 99's are waiting for someone to buy them, and may have to be the one that does so!! ;) 8) :D They have been patiently waiting for several years, now, and I'm sure will still be there when I next visit that area. I'll let you all know, when that happens.

Steelman, is someone offering replacement parts for the Taiwan-made stoves? Or, do you know if the Swedish parts will cross-over to the Taiwan stoves? Is there any information out there about any testing that was originally done on these stoves, related to strength and safety? I know that most of the Swedish stoves have been tested quite a bit, and wonder if the Taiwan stoves were, too. Thanks, again, for all your help, and again, I'm very glad you are a member and Stove Brother, here at CCS!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

17. spudz

A very interesting post allround, I'd say.

I've been looking through the photos for a while now and this stove kept catching my eye.

DSC05346.jpg

Size of a 123 BUT with a ... silent burner ! ? :shock: :p :p
    DSC05349.jpg

Steelman, do you have any information on this stove, Is it still in production?
    DSC05363.jpg

Thanks again for letting us all enjoy your wonderful stove meeting.

18. steelman

Hi~spudz...
    This stove name is LION BURNER ,from korea...like 123,but it's can chose roarer and silent burner
    now selling on taiwan yahoo...only about us$30... :D
    camel3223-img413x363-1163772872950_.jpg
    camel3223-img367x317-1163772873950_.jpg

19. steelman

Hi~Doc
    I know taiwan 99 clone, formally known as the No. 909 maby from "Shan Ke ",my friend get one...but about details.. taiwan 99 information ,i must to check it..

20. 111T

111T Subscriber

Thank you steelman, there is a lot of great information here! Nice stove meet!