Tarzan # 1

Discussion in 'K.F. Eriksson's (KFE)' started by n2666s, Jul 4, 2016.

1. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

an unknown picked up at a yard sale with a broke off leg, it is a "Tarzan # 1 :?::!: no idea or info on what it is except it is labeled "made in Sweden" and can barely make out a "Tarzan # 1 as is so incredibly dirty; have tested it with leg safety wired in place; I know :oops: couldn't resist "firing her up" as when put a bit of clean kero in the tank to wash her out, the plunger held pressure :idea:

Am going to apply what have learned from the soldering legs tutorial
    Soldering legs to stove tanks started by Bom Bom Bom Bom, Aug 9, 2010.
    Best flattery is imitation:lol:

IMG_2010[1].JPG

IMG_2014[1].JPG

IMG_2013[2].JPG

:)

2. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

More pictures; this is an extremely dirty and corroded/well used stove and on top it has rust on top of the brass; still have not found anything on Tarzan Stoves :-k am stumped both by my senior citizen arthritis and what appears to be iron rust deposits on the top of the canister; am loath to use anything stronger than Brasso and barkeepers helper as the markings are very worn and don't want to wear them down more than they are:cry: Suggestions and info duly appreciated.

IMG_2015[1].JPG

IMG_2016[1].JPG

IMG_2017[1].JPG

IMG_2018[1].JPG

IMG_2019[1].JPG

IMG_2020[1].JPG

3. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Fantastic! Looks to be a brand of K.F Erikssons. That's their logo.

upload_2016-7-4_23-43-40.png

4. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

Ross; thank you so much:clap:; have been drawing blanks when have searched online; NOTHING about any Tarzan stove ](*,) , now the hard part is getting her cleaned up decently......will never be a show piece but wish I knew its history and how it made it here

5. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

wondering about the inscription that says "strong tank":-k and how best to remove the (iron oxide) :-kfrom the brass canister with out further defacing the inscriptions:?

6. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

Ugly and safety wired together but sure works well; perking a very large pot of coffee in about 15 minutes i let her go about 5 minutes more than I needed; flame pattern pretty ugly BUT puts out a lot of heat :D/; now just to make her pretty and :-k improve the flame pattern.

IMG_2021[1].JPG

IMG_2022[1].JPG

IMG_2023[1].JPG

7. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Wonders never cease. When you think you've seen them all, along comes Tarzan....!

I wonder if they paid royalties to Edgar Rice Burroughs....doubt it somehow.

8. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

A funny thing is that the latest Tarzan also is made in Sweden! :lol:

(The 2016 movie-The legend of Tarzan)

9. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Wow. That's a cool old stove. Don't clean it too much more I like the look it had now.

10. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

I'll be seeing it soon. It's getting mixed reviews with some pretty good ones, too.

I read all the Tarzan books as a kid; all of Burroughs, in fact. This was before the wave of paperback re-issues in the mid-60s; I used to haunt the used bookstores for the old hardbacks.

11. n2666s

n2666s Subscriber

was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of heat it puts out; that was a 20 cup pot of coffee it brewed; didn't time it but subjectively faster than on the regular gas kitchen stove :content: