Thane International Inc.

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Lance, May 8, 2021.

1. Lance

Shown is a Thane International Inc. of La Quinta California. Manufactured in China.
    This stove is propane fueled with small stainless steel burners under the hot plates. Somebody used the hot plates as actual cooking surfaces which has resulted in the accumulation of vast quantities of grease under them. After cleaning up I was able to get one burner to work but it required the use of a pricker needle to open the jet nozzle. I rather like the design but not the actual use without proper pans to do the cooking. It has pezio-electric lighting and a small light (DC) for working in the dark. The light is basically useless except for allowing you to see where you are setting the pans or pot.

DSCN3538.JPG DSCN3539.JPG DSCN3541.JPG DSCN3545.JPG DSCN3548.JPG

2. nmp

nmp United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Very space age!

3. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Looks to be designed as a bbq grill rather than a regular stove. I think you are meant to cook your steak directly on that grill

4. Lance

As i view it the larger flat area is more .like a hot plate and the more open as a grill over a stove, thus i conclude it to be a stove with a hot plate to keep the coffee/tea/water warm while cooking in a pan over the open grate. I suspect there is no one way to use the stove. But i'd highly suggest you not use the plate as a cooking surface unless you were making pancakes as the grease from your cooking will make the inner workings sticky and will clog up the jets.

5. Daryl United States

Lance, I have no idea what you have , but I like it! May have been a table top warmer to place small pans on or maybe use to heat bread type item. Space age looking bagel warmer?

6. geneislucky

What a wonderful design.