The BEAST...Prentiss-Wabers 4523

Discussion in 'Prentiss Wabers (Preway)' started by VooDuuChild, Mar 14, 2009.

1. VooDuuChild

Fear it, for it will crush little stoves beneath it's massive-ness....is that a word? Haha. Yeah, this thing is wicked cool, works super and is a TANK. This one too will make many a camping trips this summer!!! Check out the pics of my 8r thread coming shortly...I've set the 8r atop this one just to show off it's size! Oh, I found a pic of some 200a's and a little wick-style lamp sittin on it and added that here.

1237148294-IMG_1503.jpg 1237148299-IMG_1504.jpg 1237148304-IMG_1506.jpg 1237148310-IMG_1519.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

except for the guys over in Sweden where Classics are used for doorstops,i don't think i've seen a run of good finds like this before.
    keep them comming :clap:

3. VooDuuChild

I try Dave; just a matter of time and searching,,,,well, and money.

4. VooDuuChild

Just realized I never put the photo of the 8r on top of the beastie...

1249075388-IMG_1517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  5. bolexguy

bolexguy Subscriber

:shock: bohemoth! :D

6. dday

dday Subscriber

Great stove :clap: . That is one that you do not see at all. I also love my three burners and look forward to using them this season also. It looks as if you should be able to use a oven on one burner and a skillet on the other two if needed. How do you think it compares to the 426 or 428? Thanks again for sharing it and I look forward to seeing some pics of it running. Just have to love the blue flames!
    Dan

7. VooDuuChild

dday- I'd imagine it'd run an oven and a dual burner skillet pretty easily. As far as it against a 426 or 428, well, hard to tell. This ones packed way away for now as our Coleman 3 burner is our camping mainstay. As soon as it sees daylight again, I'll make sure to fire'r up for some photos.

8. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Nce stove, vdc.
    :D

I'd say it's begging for something like this...

ps... wish i'd bought one when the postage wasn't so steep... :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  9. VooDuuChild

Yeah Ian, griddles are definitely nice for cooking massive amounts of food! We never go camping without ours....although ours isn't a cast-iron one like in your link, it's just a standard non-stick type griddle, but boy howdy I don't know how we made it all those years without one! Being able to do bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and eggs at the same time for four is pretty sweet.....and that's just two of the three burners. I wouldn't mind getting a square cast iron skillet though for when we're camping "light" and only have our two burner, hahaha.

10. dday

dday Subscriber

Hi VD,
    Just wanted to let you know that you gave me the 3 burner PW bug :doh: . One came up the other night on ebay and I couldn't resist after remembering your beautiful Preway. Its not near as nice as yours, but I think I'll like it :) . Photos to follow when it arrives. Take care,
    Dan

11. VooDuuChild

FANTASTIC DDAY! Now you'll be able to answer your question posed above for us all! I can't wait to see it! I've seen more (and still have acouple two burners to photograph and post) PW's and stuff, but being laid off really cut into my stove fund.....so, y'all know you're not biddin against me, so get out there, GET SOME! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

12. Russ in California

Just scored one myself though not nearly as nice as yours.
    Looking forward to getting this 'beast' lit. [-o<
    8)