The Primus Kitchen Range No 145

Discussion in 'Primus No:145' started by Magnus Thilander, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Magnus Thilander

Hello!

A collector friend of mine, tipped me about a Primus kitchen-range for sale and I bought it. Big cred to him!! Anyway, yesterday came the Primus-stove FINALLY to Stockholm! In any case, now when I looked at the "stove" in the daylight in the trunk of the Volvo I feel so lucky!!
    It may look old, dirty and generally gray but to hear the matter that this stove was purchased in 60-century and since then it has only been collecting dust. The stove is basically as new, everything is still there - From the original instructions to the plates. It is amazing!
    Now it's just to polish up the stove, but I'll do with a smile :D
    It feels now as if my collection is complete, I have carbide lamps, blowtorch, stoves, heaters, storm lamps, table lamps and now, a real Primus Stove! Here are pictures of the stove, excuse for some bad pictures, but it was difficult to take good pictures when it is in the car ....

1355186063-01.jpg

1355186094-02.jpg 1355186105-03.jpg 1355186119-04.jpg

1355186127-05.jpg 1355186135-06.jpg 1355186143-07.jpg

Look at the box, it must be the original colours of the box..

1355186151-08.jpg 1355186160-09.jpg 1355186168-10.jpg

By the way, in 2 days I'll graduate :) :) :) :)

Best Regards,
    Magnus Thilander

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Magnus, you were born under a lucky star!!! Congrats with your stove, it looks absolutely superb! :clap: :clap: :clap: It is what I am dreaming to find one day too, but I have never heard of these being sold in Belgium so I'll just have to keep on dreaming :D
    Also best of luck with your graduation, what are you studying?

Regards,

Wim

3. Magnus Thilander

Hi Wim!

Thank you very much!! :D Dreams has just driven me to get what i'm actually dreaming about - So, never stop dreaming!! :D
    One thing that is intressting is that, now I could easily move into a house with no electricity - The light comes from all the lanterns, the heat comes from all my heaters and I can do my food at this Primus stove!! :D
    I am studying business economy, or I have done it! :D
    Now, after my graduation, I can finally do what I really enjoys to do and that feeling is great!! :D

Cheers,
    Magnus Thilander
    Stockholm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

Great Find :D --think of it as a graduation gift ;) --

5. marblecreek

marblecreek Subscriber

That is one great stove. Certainly a project that many of us would greatly enjoy.

Steve

6. Magnus Thilander

Hi Dave!

Then, this might be the best present ever ;) :lol: :) :) :)

Best Regards,
    Magnus Thilander

7. Magnus Thilander

Hello Steve!

Thanks!
    I'll try to get it ready this, or next week! A report with pictures will follow!

Best Regards,
    Magnus Thilander

8. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Magnus, Fantastic stove and a great find for you - you must be very pleased with it. But please don't be tempted by short-cuts cleaning it up and keep it away from the sand blaster [-X ;)

Cheers, Graham.

9. Magnus Thilander

Hello!

Todat I took the burner itself and began to polish a little easy just to understand how much work there is to it, and it is probably a bit more than what I expected but best of all, that the burner is "good", I mean everything works, it has not fixed roasted or similar, and only that is worth gold! : D
    Here are some photos from today:

1244585340-fddddfdf.jpg

10. Magnus Thilander

Hi again!

Is there any problems to post pictures from Photobucket? I've tried it several times but it doesn't works....

Best Regards,
    Magnus Thilander

11. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

P-Bucket, and similar outside image hostings are not allowed in the reference sections.
    Use the upload facility instead!

The reason for this is of course that the reference gallery also shall work in the future. It's not pretty with those blank squares that appears in old posts when people eventually remove or delete their pictures from any outside image host.

12. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Magnus,
    I have added your picture for you - for clarity the 145 tank & burner is the one on the right of the screen.

With regard to pics in the reference galleries - it is as Christer says. Photo bucket is only allowed in the more 'social' areas of the site.

The pics also need to be kept under 100kb in this section for speed of loading & server economy.

For more details on how to use the file upload manager & the file size rules (varies in different forums) please consult this tutorial.

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads//

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  13. Magnus Thilander

Hi!

Been pretty busy since I last wrote here, I've just graduated from school and I feel so good!! :D

Regarding the kitchen range, I've done quite a bit, here are some pictures. This range will be working soon, very soon!!! :D

Best Regards,
    Magnus Thilander

1244934834-range.jpg 1244934884-range2.jpg 1244934969-instruction_.jpg 1244935005-tanks_.jpg 1244935043-theburner_.jpg