Thermolux No 11

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by optipri, Apr 3, 2020.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I believe some of you has watching this on the bay, just like I have. After a long time listing I descided to do some negotiations and finally got it.
    It is, what I have find out, a not well known brand. From a CCS member I have got the information that this company produced electrical stoves later on.
    On the badge, after model number, the digits 042 is showned. Manufacturing year?
    The stove is big and heavy and has a special kind of burner design. Underneath on the back a strange "flap" with two tiny pins are showned. What is the use for them? Also, at the top, two holes without any bolts. Should there be anything fitted there?
    After all a stove in general good condition though the signs of former bad fettling as scrathes in the tank and awful painting that I removed and repaint. The top was probably nickel plated, small remains was find but now I only gave it a brush and covered with nickel paste to prevent rust.

Bo

DSC03003.JPG DSC03004.JPG DSC03005.JPG DSC03008.JPG DSC03010.JPG DSC03011.JPG DSC03012.JPG DSC03013.JPG DSC03014.JPG DSC03015.JPG DSC03016.JPG

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Bo

That’s a very interesting stove.

Am I right in assuming that the brass valve in the centre of the tank is for a pre-heater to heat the burner before lighting it fully?

It’s hard to work out without fiddling around with the stove, but is it possible that two of these could be configured and joined (using the two brass “tags” and the spare holes) to make a double stove?

I really like that burner!

Cheers

Tony

3. Simes

Simes Subscriber

You've done it now @Tony Press, Bo will have to find the matching half for a complete range. It's a common feature to pair single ranges afterall.

A lovely stove.

4. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

Nice find Bo. Congratulations :thumbup:
    I suspect there was a heat shield across the back to prevent scorching the wall. It would have been secured between the two holes in the top.
    In the seventh pictures it looks like a curved shadow of the mounted piece between the holes.

5. optipri

optipri Subscriber

Hello Friends and thanks for your comments.
    I am a bit doubtful to the twin theory, the joints are in the back part of the top plate.
    A heat shield sounds more plausable.
    But until documentation has been found it is still a mystery.

Bo

6. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    I think the heat shield looks plausible.

Cheers

Tony