Thermos 8427

Discussion in 'AGM - American Gas machine' started by optipri, Dec 22, 2017.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I am not so familiar with American stoves but this looks very much like a AGM Kampkook LCS21 except for the shape of the tank. The case and burner seems to be the same.
    But I find a post on CPL showing what I guess is the same as my model. Guess it is later than the Kampkook.
    Note the special kind of lever for turning on the second burner.
    This one is not very much used but probably stored in a damp place so the paint was partly flaked off and the case showing some rust.
    I was able to find a spray paint with almost the same tint so now it is repainted. The decals was intact so I had to mask them. The tank was in very good condition and in no need of any renovation.
    I don't think I am going to fire it up, just keeping it for display. But I am quite sure it would burn well if I tried it.

Bo

CIMG9313.JPG CIMG9316.JPG CIMG9317.JPG CIMG9318.JPG CIMG9319.JPG CIMG9320.JPG CIMG9321.JPG CIMG9322.JPG

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

That turned out very nice. You do good work.

Ben

3. Skopar

Dear Optipri. Could you please give us an evaluation of the stove? For instance how does it compare with the Coleman suitcase stoves? Is there anything that makes them complementary or better? etc. etc. Cheers.

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

I’m supposing not from Bo, but if it helps, I see a pump and fuel valve/generator that very closely resemble those on my JC Higgins stove (an AGM design) which I featured HERE and a post on restoring it HERE.
    It appears though that unlike on the JC Higgins/AGM example, the pump tube on Bo’s Thermos stove isn’t removable. It seems to have the facility to lock the non-return valve though with a threaded exentension to the pump rod - pump knob has the flats to grip to screw in and out (lock/unlock).

Stove functionality is excellent. To start, black air control opened a turn, red fuel control opened, light. One minute later, air control shut.

John