This was made in October 1958 and exported to the USA, being distributed there by C.L. Shively Co., Midwest Distributor, Box 332, Bedford Ohio. It has the more unusual speculum-plated tank. Speculum was an alloy of varying composition (the exact Tilley recipe is now unknown) giving a finish akin to chrome or nickel plating. This stove has a vapouriser (=generator) peculiar to the CS56 but working on exactly the same principle as the familiar Tilley 606 and 169 lantern vapourisers, although rather shorter. The vapouriser needs to be kept hot during use and this is accomplished by three vertical tubes descending from the burner, which surround the vapouriser at 120 degrees. Each tube has a series of small, inwardly-pointing holes down it's length, from which flamelets emerge once the stove is lit, thus maintaining the vapouriser at it's correct working temperature - very clever! (but expensive - at the time, the CS56 was about twice the price of an equivalent brass three-legger) Someone has added a spirit cup seemingly made from a plumbing fitting, but which works well and saves faffing about with one of those pesky Tilley preheating torches.