Trail-Pak Stove...TAIWAN

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by MrAlexxx, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Got this from a guy that works in a thrift store. Had to grab it as I had one of these stoves back around about 1975. It was the first camp stove that I bought. When he brought it out I remembered the box and had to do a double take. I always kept mine in the cardboard box and it looked about as ratty as this box. My stove from back then somewhere got lost in the shuffle that is life. Probably borrowed by a younger brother never to be seen again. An obvious Optimus 8R knockoff made in Taiwan and distributed by Jones Awning and Tent Limited of Vancouver BC Canada. If my memory serves me right I'm pretty sure that's where I bought mine. The Jones Company was a long time outdoors supply store that closed its doors for good around 1990. Not sure if this one has been fired but if it has looks to of been maybe only once. Back in the day I fired mine up many many times and it always seemed to work well. I can't ever remember there being any problems. This one won't get that same youthful abuse. :)

DSC08658.JPG

DSC08657.JPG

DSC08660.JPG

DSC08659.JPG

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A nice one. Those Taiwan clones seem to have been pretty good stoves.