Trailblazer by Winchester

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by Heidi Johnson, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Heidi Johnson Guest

Good Morning! Following the popular theme here, I unearthed a Trailblazer by Winchester camp stove model #7200 that I cannot find any information about. I’m trying to decide if we want to keep it or maybe sell. It’s in great condition! I found one on eBay that is all over the place in price (shipping is more than the stove, etc). I’d like to know if they are good quality stoves.

Thanks for your time!

Heidi

2. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

Pictures?? Is this a propane stove??

3. Kero-Scene

Hi Heidi,

This sounds like it is a propane stove. From my knowledge, propane stoves don’t have quite the collector following that solid/liquid fuel stoves do. Maybe that will change over the coming decades. There are exceptions though, as there are collectors who will snap up anything Weber because it is US made and high quality (I recently sold a 25yo Weber Stove within minutes of listing).

Note that prices being asked on eBay are not a good guide as to what someone will pay, and with big stoves you need to think about advertising locally as postage is a real issue for buyers.

The upshot is that unless there is a particular following for Winchester in the States then you would keep it just for your own use.

There is no reason why it would not be really good for your camping trips, but worth looking it over in case there are o-rings or other seals that have perished. Chances are that good BBQ retailer would quickly look it over for you free of charge.

4. Heidi Guest

Thank you for your response! I’ve been trying to get the pictures to load, but (eye roll) I’m having an issue with my ipad...