Trangia 25-7 UL/HA

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by Alcoholic, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Alcoholic Australia

Merry Christmas to me! Not sure if this is really worth a post in the reference gallery but I couldn't find one here and wanted to celebrate my new acquisition in any case. Initial owner never used it and thought it spent about 8-10 years in his cupboard. Going by the manual, it appears to pre-date Duossal 2.0 anyway. I imagine it's otherwise identical to the current version of this model.

600ml alu fuel bottle was a score with the stove but is not a Trangia product. Appears to be lacquered as, according to the seller, it has stored the meths within it for years and I can't see any damage from it. Says on the label that it can store any liquid fuel...

I wanted something light this time but also something robust that I could cook reactive food in without the aluminium taint, so when this one popped up I was quick to act. I certainly approve of the lighter weight of modern Trangii but I'm not such a fan of the windshields not locking together anymore.

No flame shot yet, which would be the same as all Trangii anyway. When I can bring myself to fire it for the first time, I might update this thread. My kerosene ambitions are on hold for now. I think I just love alcohol too much! If my wife wants something faster, I can still use these pots on my Coleman 533 and 428 when car camping. In the meantime I'm eyeing off a multi-disc, EVA case, winter attachment and maybe a non-stick and duossal version to go with my v1 duossal 27... not sure when this will end!

IMG-1450.jpg IMG-1451.jpg IMG-1452.jpg IMG-1453.jpg IMG-1454.jpg

2. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Yeah. I know what you mean. I bought myself a Trangia 25HA this summer [late Birthday present?] and I can't bring myself to fire it up either.

3. TRA_A United Kingdom

Don't bayonet connections as a standard feature predate UL sets by a bit? I.e. I had thought all UL sets would have the bayonet lock? Is it a special run?

4. Alcoholic Australia

I believe they do but this also has a bayonet hole like all the rest - it’s just out of view in the photos.

Edit: Now I see what you mean so I went back to check my old sets and they don’t lock their windshields together either! Don’t know how I got that idea into my head - must be getting old...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  5. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

I don't think I would like my windscreens to lock together, I often remove the upper windscreen when fitting the simmer lid and extinguishing the burner.

My Trangia 25 has been busy all summer long........,.just good classic stuff.

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

I like the locks.
    Easy to unlock and when locked, easy to move the kit.

7. It'l Dodat

Now I'm depressed..........

I CAN'T GET ONE!!!! :( :(

You have no idea, the lack of availability of ANYTHING of the such here in South Africa.... nothing.... All you can get is what mass-mart (now part of wall-mart) decide to import....

8. Alcoholic Australia

Trangia have a webshop that they say will ship anywhere internationally. Maybe not the cheapest but sometimes the prices are pretty good, depending on the set you're after. Nice to be able to mix and match, although a few options are out of stock at present... due to covid purchasing presumably?

https://shop.trangia.se/en/

9. SveaSizzler

I got mine from Verusteleka, a Finnish surplus outfit in Helsinki.
    varusteleka.fi
    I doubt if they'd have qualms about trading with South Africa.
    They are making a push into the American market, with $10 USD flat rate shipping.

10. Odd

And the Army in Finland was the initiator of that second run of DuoSSAL pots that convinced
    Trangia to restart DuoSSAL offerings again. If I remember correctly the Finns ordered 3000 sets
    - but I doubt they've started to surplus them yet...

11. Alcoholic Australia

Nice! If only 25 duossal would show up on the webshop! Been out of stock there for a long time and my local suppliers aren't as cheap...

It would go well with the 27 duossal v1 I have, which I bought nearly 20 years ago now! Would also be a great additional stove for car camping with our kids...

12. SveaSizzler

To be clear, Varusteleka is a surplus dealer AND camping outfitter. The Trangia sets they're selling are new commercial production, not military surplus.
    Currently, they're offering 25-1UL and 27-1UL sets for $62 USD [new production].
    I wouldn't want to wait for the Finnish Army to surplus their Trangia sets. They're only now letting go of some stuff from the Winter War.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020