Trangia 25-8 and 4.5 Liter Billy Pot

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by Dorraine Stanley, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Dorraine Stanley

2. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

Took me a second with the laundry. I was thinking, "Those are some pretty good looking meals", then, "wait a second!"

....Arch

3. Dorraine Stanley

:lol: Yeah, I almost held back posting that laundry pic, but then I thought that I'd share how valuable that billy pot has turned out to be. Multipurpose! ;)
    I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I really do like my Trangia.

4. Ed Winskill United States

Good montage of different uses. We use several Knorr sides on our backpack trips. Good stuff.

5. OptimusPrime Canada

Yep I love the ability to bake in my Trangia and the quasi Trangias I have thrown together. I love the fact I can make fresh bread in the middle of nowhere when others are eating rehydrated meals and looking at me with contempt...lol

I do like that black cloth (I'm assuming its a insulator of some sort so you don't burn the loaf). I always just threw a handful of gravel in to separate the tins...

6. Dorraine Stanley

Thanks, @OptimusPrime. I'm packing it up as we speak, getting it ready for another paddling trip next week. It'll be good for cooking and laundry again. lol

7. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Mmmm I wonder if....

8. Ian

Ian Subscriber

I may be wrong; I often am, but it looks very much like a piece of carbon felt, in which case it would be well suited to that application.

9. itchy

Thanks @Dorraine Stanley

I've wondered how one might successfully go about baking one of those $1 packs of muffin mixes. Need to try it.

Also had to laugh at the laundry photo. On a recent canoe trip one of the ladies decided to use one of the cook pots to do a little laundry -- of course she never heard the end of it from the guys and that pot was forever afterword referred to as "Kelly's panty pot".

10. Dorraine Stanley

@itchy -- "Kelly's panty pot"! That's funny. Yeah, we know how to lay claim to something! :lol:

11. Dorraine Stanley

@OptimusPrime, @Ian is correct. It's a sheet of carbon felt. I think they also call it welder's felt, I believe. Not sure though. I ordered it online in a 12x12-inch sheet, but it seems to me that someone mentioned Walmart now sells it.