Trangia 25 Duossal

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by Matukat, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dsk

We have 2 trangia 25 sets, one with non-stick, and one duossal. I prefere the nonstick as lang as the nonstick survies. It is no doubt about whitch one who will last for moast cooking hours; the duossal!

dsk

2. hikin_jim

Way to go, Randy! Great looking 25! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now, if my eyes don't deceive me, your 25's wind screen has the opening in it for a control knob from a gassie or liquid fueled stove. For winter use when you really need some power to melt snow and such, I believe you could rig up one of your burners (Dragonfly, Nova, etc.) inside the Trangia and really have a powerful set up.

HJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. dsk

This Dannish article from 2004 tells a lot of using different stoves in a Trangia. The pictures tells the most, the text is in Danish.
    http://www.aye.dk/multifuel/

dsk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. wahiba

wahiba Subscriber

Our current Trangia is a Duossal and is certainly easier to clean than the non stick and aluminium versions. The stretch marks on the steel from manufacturing suggests they were not the easiest things to make and hence their demise. I find it better than the non stick which after a while tends to get battered. Especially in transit if not treated with TLC.

Just been in use today, best camping kit we ever bought.