Trangia 27 - older model?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by tretrop, Jun 26, 2020.

1. tretrop

tretrop Subscriber

20200626_192129.jpg I found this what I think is an older Trangia 27, unused. Any suggestions on age?
    20200626_192312.jpg

20200626_192321.jpg
    Trangia logo
    20200626_192201.jpg
    Burner with T logo

2. Hazet

I'd say mid to late 1960's: TAB logo, yellow cap burner, wire arm pot supports w/ bright finish (stainless?) "strap" holding them to the windscreen, script "Trangia" logo, no holes in the pot gripper.
    Be **VERY** careful with that yellow plastic cap. The little tab can be broken off very easily. I would recommend not keeping it on the burner, because the simmer ring will press down on the tab when closed.
    Can't say I've seen that color strap before, any markings on it?
    Looks like a very nice clean set. Please post more pics of it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@tretrop ,

VERY nice older Trangia set! I've yet to find one other than the usual 1970's on up versions. Great stoves, all. But, getting an older one is very cool! Thanks for sharing! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. Lennart F Sweden

I have a couple of that strap - one on my Trangia 124 camping set that according to the markings and details seem to be made 1962 or slightly later - if I remember correct, the other came with a set looking more like 1960-61, so I would suggest early-mid 1960's.

5. Lennart F Sweden

@Doc Mark - as collectibles, the older the more desirable:):D/
    @tretrop That 27 is definitely one of the earliest versions and look like new and never used - could be a nice gem on a parade shelf!

6. tretrop

tretrop Subscriber

Yes, thisone will be on the display and no plan to use it. I have a modern 27 that gets used when I am out.

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@tretrop , @Lennart F , @Hazet ,

Gentlemen,

I agree that this older M27 need not be used, as such a thing, in the condition it was found, is exceedingly rare, IMHO!! Keep it for the historical showpiece that it is, and as has been said, use the more modern stoves!! Very well done, and it is a joy to see this stove, in this condition!! Thank you for sharing it with us, and with the Stove World!!! Very well done, all around! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Doc