Trangia Enmanskök Surplus Swedish Army

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by Dutch_Peter, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dutch_Peter

Hi Folks,

Thanks for reading and I’d like to share this Trangia Enmanskök with you.

This thread offers a lot of information on the Enmanskök, including the very useful advice to keep the spirit can warm under your clothes when in the arctic, because alcohol does not burn when cold :thumbup: .
    The thread also mentions that the stove is/was very abundant, yet I’ve only found two others in the reference gallery! So here we go .. :D/

This particular Enmanskök is made from aluminium and painted.
    It’s very simple to use (as I may not have to tell you) and boiled water for a cup of tea in about 7 minutes. It's quite light too, weighing under a kilogram.

The flame is quite large and yellow compared to an Optimus 00. I’m not (yet) a regular Trangia user, so maybe a more experienced user can comment on this? The stove was burning for some time when taking pictures and is running on “95% ethanol, denaturised”.

1360883772-front_fire.jpg

1360883790-ablaze.jpg

1360883814-set.jpg

1360883838-logo.jpg
    Logos: One in the inside of the pan top and the other one on the outer case.

1360883866-bottle.jpg
    The bottle is for fuel (alcohol). Keep it warm under your clothes in cold conditions :content: .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Hmmmm. Aluminum?
    I never would have thought.
    Nice pictures.
    Ken in NC

3. pysen78

pysen78 Subscriber

Tip number two on the spirit bottle.
    Squeeze most if not all of the remaining air out before screwing the lid tight. The lid isn't great and the temp difference between ambient and 'inside your clothes' will cause it to leak sooner than later with expanding air inside.

4. Murph

Murph United States Subscriber

Tip number three on many bottles: Put a small square of plastic wrap or bag over the bottle's mouth before threading the cap on, makes for a MUCH better seal!

Murph

5. dunny

I took one of these on a hiking trip up to kinlochewe and ben eigh in the nortwest highlands,and it worked perfectly,i think it cost me about £6.50,i took a few bottles of meths (500ml) which cost about £1.50p (i got them from my local builders merchant,they had been on the shelf for a bit,so i haggled them down a quid a bottle!)its very efficient if you use the smaller pan as a lid for the big one.

6. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

Replace the issued bottle with a 500 ML Pocket flask for liquor. Polyvinyl ones are cheaper than sand and do not leak. Also the mouths are larger, thus easier to fill and pour from. Mine is approximately the size of the issue units and fits into the cook kit very well indeed.

I got several from a Dollar Tree store and carry potable liquids in some. Yes, I can tell the difference between even the cheapest crap hooch and denatured alcohol. (The den. alco. sold here as shellac thinner/stove fuel is clear, not dyed.)

A lid on any cook pot speeds the process, excellent call.

Gerry

7. davidcolter

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015