Tube of fuel/air Coleman 533

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Rafa, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Rafa Venezuela

I have a question with the operation of the fuel / air tube of the most recent Coleman stoves like 533. I understand that they have a measured hole, I would like to know if anyone knows what diameter is that hole? And the other is if once put into operation requires constant air pumping, due to the fact that air always passes to the generator. For other stoves without instant light operate continuously without the need to pump again ...

1262291333-2.JPG

2. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

If you are needing to constantly pump any Coleman stove I'd look for one of two culprits. First the fuel cap gasket. Second, have you moved the valve from the instant light position to the run position once the stove is burning?

3. HercL4D2

OldColemanParts.com | Theory of Operation

You should not have to constantly pump any Coleman stove such as the 533. I pump my 533 up as per the instructions and add a few more pumps after the stove is lit and thats it. I never have to add more pumps for at least 30 to 45 minutes on a bad day. The F/A tube is of the same design as the 400 series stove and newer lanterns with the plastic F/A tube design. The Plastic F/A tube has a Schrader installed to stop the fuel and air flow to the stove where the older models relied on a brass valve stem tightened into the brass valve machined seat body shutting down fuel and air flow.