I love my Turm 144, but after a session smoking fish it finally stopped working. No meths flow, so must be a blockage somewhere. When I took it apart, I could see that the wick was solid with crud after decades of use, and try as I would I couldn't get the old wick out. I poked at it from the control end and picked at it from the supply end, and although I got some crusty bits out the main section was solid. I didn't want to damage the control spindle seat with more vigorous poking, so drastic measures were called for and I 'unbrazed' the control end from the main supply tube. Sure enough the wick was seized solid and had to be reamed out using a drill bit rotated by hand. No sign of any wire - just what looked like rust and crud. The new wick was a section of roof insulation gently twisted into place, and then the sections were rebrazed using Silverflo 55. And the old reliable Turm is back in business again and doing what it does best - making coffee!