Unfired 1959 AGM LCS 22

Discussion in 'AGM - American Gas machine' started by VooDuuChild, Mar 14, 2009.

1. VooDuuChild

Well, the snow melted and the sun came out long enough to get some stoves out and pictures taken. As the subject line says, this is a 1959 American Gas Machine LCS-22 which was never lit. It has what looks to be all the paperwork with it (even a postage paid envelope with warantee card to send back) along with a hang tag too; but unfortunately no box. The hang tag leads me to believe this may have once been a floor display model, but that's of course conjecture. It is in GREAT shape minus the little scrapes here and there from being made in the fifties. Anyhow, hope you enjoy the pics. More threads to come with Prentiss-Wabers stoves too....just depends on how long it takes to upload the pics on my "no speed" internet service...we live in the sticks and can't even get cable, let alone high speed internet. And go figure, it snowed again just days ago.....thank goodness for all this "global warming", hahaha.

1237148138-IMG_1530.jpg

1237148130-IMG_1529.jpg 1237148145-IMG_1531.jpg 1237148159-IMG_1532.jpg 1237148166-IMG_1533.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

another!!!--for those of us who find these at yard sales as rusted up piles of junk your photos are driving us nutzzzz-- :roll:

3. Henry

Great find. :)
    Is it a ladies stove, it's pink ;)

4. hydro451

Hi Voo Duu Child, lovely stove , these stoves are often seen on EBay, but not often in this condition and with all the literature , congrats on the find . They run fantastic, but be sure to put it on a surface that is protectd from heat as the bottom of these stoves get quite hot in operation - if you need any spare parts for any of your AGM's I have a connection that bought out a harware store and it was filled with old Thermos spares - thermos parts are interchageable with these AGM's as I beleive they bought AGM/King Sealy

Cheers Tom

5. VooDuuChild

Yup, they run quite nice....I have the sister to this stove too which pics will soon be up and it's a runner, although in vurrry nice shape! As for ePREY, it's gettin tough to find them that aren't going for a MINT lately it seems. Just the night prior to my getting this one, I saw a three burner that went for over $200, and it wasn't even unfired....weird. Yeah, thermos was the one who bought out King Sealy who originally purchased AGM if I'm not mistaken. Hey Hydro, if you could send me a pm with your email, I'd like to keep it on file if I do need something....

6. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

What a beauty!! :D :D

7. soytnly

Sickeningly beautiful!!

8. dave w

I have a Wards Westerfield stove the same color and the case looks the same but the tank is different.