1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfired 502

Discussion in 'Coleman No:502' started by DAC, Sep 23, 2015.

1. DAC United States

I bought this from a neighbor and was shocked when I got it home, unboxed it and realized it had never been lit. Most of us have seen 502's in various conditions; encrusted with cooked on whatever, scarred, dented, and, here in the great northwest, rusted. It's nice to see a pristine example. IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0226.JPG
    Looking at the bottom, if I'm reading it right, it was made in 1981. IMG_0228.JPG

The price tag on the box is for $24.69. It was sold by Pay Less Drug Store and the other side of the box is stamped with a McMinville, Oregon address. box front.JPG
    Others have noted that in the early 1980's 502-700 stoves came in boxes like this with a photo of a 502-900 (with the red knob). The box is stamped (upper left) 502-700.

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark United States Subscriber

Hi, DAC,

Well done, Sir, and many thanks for sharing your neat 502 with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

3. Jim Henderson United States

McMinnville eh. That is where there was a lot of UFO hubbub back in the day. Maybe yours is a UFO abductee returned to some garage with the clock turned back. Pristine condition is sometimes the case with human abductees.

Either way a splendid catch.

Jim Henderson

4. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

UFO.jpg And I thought Roswell, NM was the UFO hotbed!

5. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

That 502 is really nice! I'd be too tempted to light it.

sam

6. DAC United States

Oh, I am tempted to light it. It's at risk every time I get a hankering for a cup of tea. I've had to put it back in the box and get it out of the work shop and away from the fuel can.