Unknown Camp Stove

Discussion in 'Mystery Stoves' started by Todd Hazel, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Todd Hazel United States

Hello All,

I think this is a Thermos brand camp stove, but there is no label and I can't find any identifying markings on/in/around this stove. I also have a Thermos brand propane tank regulator and a small baby blue Thermos propane tank. I received this set from my late father.

What I'm really after are some replacement knobs for this stove. One work and the other is rounded out. The knob has two flats and two curves.

Thank you in advanced

Attached Files:

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

You could use epoxy to restore the mounting socket of the worn knob.

I’m not suggesting a crude bond of knob to control spindle, making it impossible to remove (without force) should the valve need servicing.

Rather, wrap the spindle with teflon tape (just a couple of layers) or clingfilm and with the enlarge cavity in the knob partially filled with epoxy, push it onto the spindle and allow the epoxy to harden. Subsequently, remove the knob and any residue of the teflon/clingfilm you can, plus any surplus epoxy that may have dribbled out.

3. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

I throw this out as just another option. There are plenty of firms that do 3D printing these days. Lots of online programs to design the knob or even places that would scan the object for you. I have been amazed at what is available these days.

4. Todd Hazel United States

That's a pretty sound idea, thanks!

5. Murph

Murph United States Subscriber

I've done this with the "tootsie roll" epoxy sticks, grease the shaft, press in some mixed epoxy putty, let it set for about 5 minutes, and you're all good! The grey & black plumber's stick works the best IMO.