Unknown Stove (Oriental?)

Discussion in 'Mystery Stoves' started by jdaniels313, Sep 13, 2013.

1. jdaniels313

If anyone can help me identify and/or date this one burner I would surely appreciate it. I've surfed the web, but to no avail. The only markings are on the bottom of the ceramic base and they are some form of Oriental letters. That's all I got other than these photos. Thanks.. 1379108794-dcp_2249a.jpg 1379108846-dcp_2248a.jpg 1379108863-dcp_2246a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

It looks to me to be set up for household gas, (usually butane) in 3d world countries and the old Soviet bloc. It would be interesting and helpful to see the lettering on the bottom of the stove.

It is a fascinating item, though and would be a hoot to get it running and boil up some lentil soup and/or a pot of tea.

Gerry

3. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

Nordicthug said :
    "It looks to me to be set up for household gas, (usually butane) in 3d world countries and the old Soviet bloc."

You often see these old gas valve fittings on Yanks and French Stoves. Third World sounds about right.

4. Radler Switzerland

I rather take it for a heather to be used in a classical chemical laboratory. The gas fitting seems more suitable for a temporary installation in a laboratory than to be used in a kitchen. To imagine a Erlenmeyer-flask on it is much easier for me, than a frying pan.

Radler

5. jdaniels313

Thanks for the input! I've got the ceramic 'bowl' seperated from the base and I am trying to find some one to decipher what language it is (Chinese if I had to guess) and what it says. When I do, I'll post it so check back in the near future.

jdaniels313