Unknown Trangia clone

Discussion in 'China' started by bem1965, Mar 26, 2014.

1. bem1965 Sweden

Found this horrible Trangia clone lately.

Just thought I'd share a few images of it before it leaves my hands.
    1395829836-1.jpg 1395829850-2.jpg 1395829858-3.jpg 1395829864-4.jpg 1395829872-5.jpg
    As seen, the stove does not infringe Trangias 3d design. This stove is barely held together by the strap. The stove has all the bits you would expect and an extra lid and a strainer for the kettle. The lid of the burner has enough warnings and instructions so it might even be sold in the US. No manufacturers markings anywhere.

I bought the stove as a present for a friend who has no backup at all when the power goes out.

/Lars

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. pysen78

pysen78 Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. bem1965 Sweden

Pysen is absolutely right! I paid 20 crowns for it unused! At 200 crowns, I would rather eat my food cold! Every detail of this contraption breathes shoddy craftsmanship and low quality, perhaps with the exception of that kettle with tea strainer....

/Lars

4. 111T

111T Subscriber

Why are there holes in the upper wind screen?! This kills me that Chinook clone gets it all wrong too!

Chinook stove.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Morning, Lars, and All,

I got one of the earlier Trangia clones from a seller on the 'bay, and suspect it was made in Taiwan, but there was no tag, or label to verify this. In truth, the one I got is not near as nice as a real Trangia, and the metal is exceedingly thin. BUT, mine does not have any holes in the upper windscreen, and would actually work OK, if I chose to use it for real. I rather like the tea kettle, with it's tea strainer, but again, it's made of really thin materials, which will greatly please the gram-weinies out there, but does not fill me with confidence as to how long it will last. The one I got "looks" better than the ones mentioned, or shown, in this thread, but probably not by too much. At least on the early clones the makers did not bastardize the good Trangia design, but rather ripped it off almost completely, so that stove is functional. Maybe I'll use it at the upcoming CASG8, and see what I think after having done that. Hummmm...... :-k :-k Thanks for sharing the Trangia clone that you got for your friend, Lars. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

6. camper52

Paul, you can get the 'Chinook' set for less $$ on e-bay direct from China (shipping incl.).
    And Lars, that looks like a NON HA version of a [China] Bulin 100.xxxx (not sure of exact model name).