Upper midwest USA stove gathering after the plague dies down

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by alanwenker, Mar 20, 2020.

1. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

I've been scheming on ideas. How does this shake out?

Thursday - Sunday on one of the last two weekends in September. Any preferences?

I think Great River Bluffs State park is a good location, just south of Winona. Easy off of I90 for people who may be coming from outside of Minnesota. This park has been on my list to visit as I've heard it's quite pretty. We could book sites as close as possible and then congregate in a site and burn fossil fuels together.
    https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/park.html?id=spk00244#homepage

We can book sites via the web and you can always cancel reservations if plans change.

If there is any interest let's decide on date and make reservations.

2. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Looks good to me. Either weekend would be fine for me but if I had t choose I'd go for the later, 24th - 27th September.

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@alanwenker , Evening, Alan,

We are interested, but the drive there, from our place, is 1,893 miles each way!! So, we would probably fly. We could bring our tent, a small fly, and other camping goodies, but would probably have to ship stoves, and buy fuel once we get there. Much will depend on how our job situation goes during September. We won't know for a while, yet. As things stand right now, things are upside-down, but, HOPEFULLY, all the virus problems will be long over by that time!

Thanks, Alan, for your efforts in putting this together, and we very much hope it works out for us to be there, to join in the fun!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride

4. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber