Valmet Eräkeitin, Finland

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by Kalle, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Kalle

Kalle Subscriber

Dear fellow stovies,

I would like to introduce you my latest acquisition, Valmet eräkeitin. After years of searching I finally managed to find one, even with it original hardware, packaging and operating instructions. The only part missing was the cleaning needle, but luckily I happened to have a pack of three cleaning needles made by "Petro-Valo Oy", the similar type that was originally supplied with this stove. The stove has some miles behind it, but is still quite sound and fully functional. I was too excited testing it out to remember to take a flame shot, but I shall post it some time later. The stove starts more easily than Svea 123 for comparison, but it requires more time to reach it's full blast. The thing I like about it, it did not go into "locomotive" mode typical to Svea.

erakeitin1.jpg erakeitin2.jpg erakeitin3.jpg
    erakeitin4.jpg erakeitin5.jpg
    -K-

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

@Kalle CONGRATULATIONS ! That is a very cool stove. I doubt I'll ever find one myself but I'm so glad you have. I really like the self pressurizing feature of your stove.

Ben

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Been quite awhile since I've seen one here on the site. Very nice, indeed!

4. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

5. YOSH

YOSH Subscriber

Good find!
    I have this one, too.
    写真 2017-10-11 0 06 23.jpg 写真 2017-10-11 0 09 37.jpg 写真 2017-11-03 16 16 19.jpg 写真 2017-11-07 0 12 21.jpg

6. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

The instructions for this stove can be seen here with an excellent translation into English.

7. Afterburner

It's fine stove with low center of gravity! :thumbup:

Just check that SRV is working... Often they are 'locked' due to long 'not in use' period.

8. Kalle

Kalle Subscriber

@z1ulike Thanks for your appreciation, I wish you luck in finding one for yourself.
    @YOSH I am happy to see your stove - I wonder how many of us "Valmeteers" are out there?
    @Afterburner thanks for the tip, I just checked that SRV actually was stuck and calls for a new pip, since now it does not hold.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  9. Afterburner

In my Valmet SRV was stuck and I pushed it open. Then it was not holding and after gasoline in tank started to get too hot I got secondary flame (like candle flame) on the top of SRV. :lol:

New pip to SRV and a bit of stretch to SRV spring cured the problem...

Also graphite gasket on control spindle is good point to check... In my and my friend's stove there was no graphite gasket but a rubber gasket that must have been a replacement when graphite ones were not easily available.

Rubber gasket on control spindle created another 'secondary' flame after I got SRV working ok. :lol: