Valor 55c Packaway

Discussion in 'Valor' started by Robtz, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Robtz

Robtz Subscriber

Hi all,

I do not know how long I have had this stove, but it was lurking in the back of the cupboard waiting to see whether I would chuck it out in favour of another brand :-k as I have been known to do.

In the event, I decided to see what was under the crud and some months later the attached is what arose.

It is still not going to be considered part of my "collection" - now to be of Primus solely - but due to living in NZ, it will become, along with a Monitor roarer, a Tilley lamp and Tilley heater, part of my emergency back-up equipment. They can be stored ready and all should be very reliable.

Having reviewed the other packaways on the site, I don't see another packaway silent and, I'd ordinarily suspect that a roarer burner would be the thing for a travelling stove :-k . Nevertheless, although this is how it all came to me, I ask whether the silent burner is indeed part of the original package? If it is not, I will ask that a Moderator remove the topic from this section and relocate it to some wayward orphan thread.

Regards all,

Rob

1299355431-IMG_0271_CCS1.JPG 1299355447-IMG_0272_CCS2.JPG 1299355460-IMG_0274_CCS3.JPG 1299355589-IMG_0277_CCS4.JPG 1299355608-IMG_0289_CCS5.JPG 1299355630-IMG_0291_CCS6.JPG 1299355646-IMG_0298_CCS7.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. theyellowdog

Hi Rob

I think you have an original stove there, I have had one of these that was exactly the same. The first owner bought it new that way. From memory mine was painted green. It took me weeks before I noticed the reserve cap on the pump handle. They are a great stove.

I have also begun my emergency kit. So far it have got a bluet 206 and a purple flame. Plus just setting up a 200 L rain water collection system, though that is mainly due to the chemical taste of Neslon water.

Dan

3. The Bird

The Bird Subscriber

Hello Rob,

I have two of these, one incomplete. Both are fully functional, and are very powerful. I just wish I could find a set of legs and another blanking cap. That would complete the other one. They are great to use, and do the bizzo in short order. Well worth keeping.

Best regards,

Mike.

4. loco7stove

loco7stove Subscriber

Hi Bird/Mike

If you want to send me one of your 55 stove legs as a pattern & i'll make you a set.

PT me & we'll have a chat, see my posts on stove legs in the fettling forum.

Best regards Stu.