1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valor "Packaway" Picnic Stove

Discussion in 'Valor' started by fyrwokr, Mar 5, 2016.

1. fyrwokr

fyrwokr United States Subscriber

This has been sitting on a shelf waiting to be gone thru for a few years . Looked at her today as it is raining and much wind here in the Bitterroot Valley. Replaced the pips and will replace the filler cap seal but it does hold. I am missing the wrench, funnel and fuel can. Haven't yet decided on the polishing - might just leave the patina on there. Really like that it is so well engraved. Fresh fuel and a preheat and she took right off.

Valor Picnic (1).JPG Valor Picnic (2).JPG Valor Picnic (3).JPG Valor Picnic (4).JPG Valor Picnic (9).JPG Valor Picnic (11).JPG Valor Picnic (12).JPG Valor Picnic (6).JPG

2. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

You've got a nice one there! I can't believe how big the Valor Packaway is and that it is in a tin box.

Off topic, Hey, fyrwokr, are you working on my workbench? If not, sure looks a lot like mine does. 8) Mark of a true tinkerer!

sam

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator Subscriber

fyrwokr, you are making me feel guilty.
    I have two of these stoves that have been sitting on a shelf waiting to be fettled and fired up.
    I have had them for at least 10 years. But next to them are scores of other stoves that also need fettling! :lol:

4. fyrwokr

fyrwokr United States Subscriber

It is a big stove - works for me as I don't have to re-fuel often.:content:
    And Sam - as for the workbench - it sure is a mess. But hey I know where everything is - pretty much :D

Dan

5. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy Subscriber

Hey Dan,

'Pretty much' is where I am. I know where everything is. If someone tries to clean it all, I'll be lost instead of all my stuff being lost!

sam