Value of unused Optimus 00

Discussion in 'Valuations' started by Lockey, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Lockey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2019
  2. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Hi @lockey. The Optimus 00 was a very popular camping stove through it's entire production life stretching back decades, so there are still many about.

Quite a few were bought in the UK during the fuel.crisis in the 70's and as quite expensive new were then tucked away in lofts and continue to resurface.

As a first port of call may I suggest eBay completed sales which will be a pretty accurate pointer. I've not followed sales prices recently so unable to give you even a ballpark figure,

3. Lockey Guest

Hi @Simes - OK, thanks for the feedback, I'm guessing it was probably 60s, but will have a look at Ebay to see what they've been going for. Prefer it to go to a collector who might appreciate it's completely original and unused.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
  4. Odd

And the Swedish Defence got rid of lots of complete pallet loads
    of ex-defence 00's during the great embezzlement of the nineties and noughties…

So, slightly above metal value - at least in Sweden...

5. ArchMc

ArchMc Subscriber

Worth more than that outside of Sweden. This one looks pretty new -- very much like mine, which I purchased new from Optimus USA in the early 1980s. I think there probably are potential buyers who would pay more for an unused one. Emphasize that this is a very quality stove from a highly respected manufacturer, and that it's unused.

There may very well be people on this site who would want it. If not, best wishes. Another thing I'll suggest is that if you have any interest in vintage camping equipment, then this stove is an excellent one to have. You will have all the support you need on this site, should you decide to keep and possibly use this stove.
    Welcome to CCS.

....Arch

6. afoton

7. Lockey Guest

Hi @ArchMc - thanks for the advice! I do actually have another one (which is used), and having been frustrated at how ineffective my little gas stove was last winter, been thinking I might start using it again!! Probably worth me trying to find the year of the other one, as it may well be 50s rather than 60s.

8. Lockey Guest

Ok, thanks, that's very useful.