1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veritas Compact Stove #9688.

Discussion in 'Falk, Stadelmann & Co Ltd' started by Doc Mark, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

As far as I understand the U.K. system (which dates back to the first world war), taxes on beer bought outside of a pub are set very high to discourage people from buying beer for home consumption. This was because many of the ammunition workers got so drunk (and thus did a lousy job), a lot of the shells fired at the front did not explode. This is also the reason for the limited opening hours of British pubs. My friend Graham makes a yearly pilgrimage to Belgium in december to buy a Landrover-full load of (belgian) beer. British beer or Scottish whisky is cheaper to buy over here than in the U.K. itself.

Best regards,

Wim

2. Shed-man

Shed-man R.I.P.

Good subject and logic Wim :thumbup: Make sure your van is completely topped up for Newark next year :D/ :D/ Hope you and your family are in good spirits and if we do not speak before Christmas, I wish you all a very happy one my friend. Steve. (Off topic as usual! Sorry :roll: )

3. Wim

Wim Belgium Subscriber

Thanks a lot Steve, same for you! I'll make sure to bring some fine Belgian beer to Newark next year! (But don't you forget to leave me some of the Sloe-Gin! :D/ )

All the best mate,

Wim

4. Nordicthug United States

Mountlake Terrace, in the Puget Sound basin.
    Down the road about a mile there's a Brew-Pub called "Ellersick's" which sells it's beers in half gallon jugs, 2 gallon "Pigs" and several other sizes of increasing quantity up to fifteen gallon kegs. The more you buy the cheaper it gets by the pint. They have a Nut Brown Ale and a Stout that are beyond delicious and are ones that I can have a pint or two of a week without triggering a gout attack. They also have some very friendly and pretty waitresses, as well as excellent and inexpensive food in the lunch room out front. Anyone care to guess where I often have lunch?

Gerry

5. Shed-man

Shed-man R.I.P.

Sounds like heaven to me Thuggie! Full address please and Zip-code and if you can, a place for me to pitch my little tent. :thumbup: :D/ :p [-o< Steve.