"Villám" (lightning) kerosene wick stove from Hungary

Discussion in 'Hungary' started by Roy77, May 21, 2011.

1. Roy77

I think this is a "Kronprinz" copy, from Hungary. It's called "Villám Petrofor" (Lightning Petrofor)
    It's made ~1930

1306005369-DSC00877k.JPG

1306005437-DSC00879k.JPG
    1306006000-DSC00885k.JPG 1306005962-DSC00878k.JPG

Especially the poor, rural peasant people used the "summer kitchen".
    So you do not have ignited the big oven. Those heated for lunch or dinner cooked. This specimen is about. 70-80 years old can be, from whom I have said 60 years was in the attic, and the grandparents used before. I bought in 2010 at 15 euros. I must add that the "lángzó" burner is not his own, because it was completely oxidised. Sorry, my and google's english :D I hope, you understand what i writed.

1306006021-DSC00890k.JPG 1306006058-DSC00892k.JPG 1306006225-DSC01039k.JPG 1306006664-DSC01041k.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. yonadav

Very interesting, Roy,

I've never seen anything similar.

Yonadav

3. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Hi Roy77 a very nice old wickie and a bargain for 15 euro and nothing wrong with your english i can understand what you are saying

4. Rick b

Hi Roy77. A very unique and colorful stove. It seem to be working very well. (No problem with your and googles translation).

5. RonPH

Lovely wick stove :thumbup:

6. Robtz

Robtz Subscriber

Társ , ha Tudtam írni Magyar szintúgy tudsz írni Angol I'd lenni boldogabb ember.

Amit kályha néz -ban finom rendbehozni és bár a hadműveleti fogalom van ugyanaz mint más bűnös kályhák , a széles főzés tető kell lenni egy adományozás -hoz személy főzés.

És egyébként , akármi van főzés néz eléggé delicious.

Welcome -hoz CCS és vágyódik május ön fizet nem enged a nyelvi akadály hív a út ; mi minden kezel -hoz kap mellett egyenletes ha néhány minket Angol beszélók kezel -hoz félreért mi lét mondott. angolul :doh: !

rabol

And for the remainder:

Mate, if I could write Hungarian as well as you can write English, I'd be a happier man.

That stove looks in fine fettle and although the operational concept is the same as other wicked stoves, the broad cooking top must be a boon to the person cooking.

And by the way, whatever is cooking looks rather delicious.

Welcome to CCS and long may you contribute.

Do not let the language barrier get in the way; we all manage to get by even if some of us English speakers manage to misunderstand what's being said .... in English :doh: !

Rob

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  7. Roy77

Thank you for recognition of words. What was cooked chilibean.

what you wrote is almost incomprehensible in Hungarian, so stay at the English..

8. Robtz

Robtz Subscriber

Roy,

You're not telling me anything I don't already know, as I have no idea what I wrote :lol: :clap: :doh: but it's fair to say I am not using that translation service again!!!

You've gotta give marks for trying though.

Rob

9. Wim

Wim Subscriber

I've never used them translators, don't trust 'em! :whistle:
    Whenever I am writing something not in my native tongue (which is dutch, or as we prefer to say flemish and yes, there is a difference between both 'languages' ;) ) I keep a dictionary at hand, mostly used as a 'spell checker'. I try to do my best not to make any mistakes, but nobody here at CCS will ever point a finger at any non-english speaking person who makes a mistake! So, don't worry about that, we "feel" what you mean, after all, it's all about stoves isn't it :clap: O:) and we all understand 'stove' as a language... :D/ :content:

All the best,

Wim

10. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

Only have to run a translator over a foreign site to see how they work. They are good enough to allow you to read a site you want to just but I wouldnt dare expect them to render something into a foreign language for me.
    When you read something translated you can fill in the broken bits as you read. When you use it to write you havent a clue that its even wrong. When talking about unfired stoves you could end up talking about other untried things.