Virtual Newark - 30-31 May 2020

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, May 29, 2020.

1. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

Sorry to have missed you and SB, Doc... :-& :cry:

2. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

Thanks for all the work to organize such a fun day out (in)

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Tony Press ,

Tony, it was great to see you, too! Sorry we didn't get to talk more, but hopefully, we can do more in the future, and in person!

@Ian,

Ian, WOW! I hadn't realized that it was two years ago that we met up in Shaftesbury!! Seems like yesterday, actually! That was a real high point in our work trip to the UK, and once again, SB and I thank you and Mrs. M., for driving down to meet up with us!! Great fun, that!!

@salan3

Alan, I'll not forget to send that info. After all these years of corresponding, it was great fun to put a face and voice to your name!! Sorry you are paying for all that fun, but I hope you feel better soon, and get do some fettling, as you mentioned!

@David Shouksmith ,

David, Sorry to have missed you, too, Mate! Actually, whilst looking at all the faces on the screen, both old friends and new, I thought about you, and some of our other old friends from the Old Days! I surely wish that Trevor, Bryan, Keith (Fyldefox), Andy (Sketch), and so many others that have now passed on, could have been there, as well!! it was great fun, and hopefully, we can all meet up again at another CCS Gathering!

Thanks, again, to one and all who joined in yesterday. It was a real treat to see you all, and to meet up with good friends! Not the same as in person, of course, but it it was great fun, nonetheless!! Until we all meet again, take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride

4. ajvuik

ajvuik Subscriber

Hey guy's, sorry I couldn't join in yesterday... the day was a bit longer than expected and I hit the sack early...
    Perhaps I can join the next virtual meet.
    ;)

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

6. Danielh

@Doc Mark thanks for thinking of my Dad, I miss him terribly. I am sure he would have cracked a joke or too if he could have been around - Daniel Halliday

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Good Morning/Afternoon, Daniel, (@Danielh ),

You are most welcome, Sir! I miss your Dad, very much, and think of him often! It's interesting what triggers my memories of him, actually. I have a Primus #2 as part of a stove display in our living room, and every single time I look at that #2, I remember that Trevor had one, too, and loved it, as I love mine! I once sent your Dad a cassette tape, on which I'd recorded some interesting music that I liked. Now, when I hear some of those songs, I think of Trevor. And, even more often, when I read some past posts here at CCS, in which Trevor took part, I keenly feel his loss! I don't think that there will ever be a time when I don't remember him, for the great guy he was. CCS seems to generate friendships between some members that are long-lasting, and wonderful. Though we never met in person, I think of your Dad as a friend like that, and I highly value that sort of blessing!! Thanks for keeping in touch with me, and with all of us here at CCS!! Take care, and God Bless you and yours, Daniel!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (Mark)

8. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

My eyes leak whenever I think of Trevor. He was a great man, and helped me here a lot.

9. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

What a fine man Trevor was. Debbie and I first met him at Newark in 2007:

[​IMG]

We met him a second time at Ross' place in 2010. Christine was with us on that visit, and David and of course Ross were there too. We were very lucky to have met him personally as well as to get to know him here. Miss him a lot.

10. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

I couldn't put it better myself. After becoming disabled and my marriage failing, I lost all confidence. Anne convinced me to go to Newark and Trevor made me feel so welcome. He did so much to help me.