Warning for bidders on Tradera

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by John DG, May 9, 2021.

1. John DG

Hello

We are several who have been in contact with Tradera regarding a group that have been tricking bidders for a long period of time.

Don’t know if I am allowed to list the users that work together in this “cartel” alike fraud. So I won’t, until any moderator has confirmed that it’s okay.

But to give you a glimpse of what’s going on....

There is a group of 9 registered users on Tradera that are run by the same dude. The users have different “responsibilities” in their fraudulent setup. 3 users are sellers. And 5 users purchase items on Tradera that are sold by the 3 seller accounts. They also place fake bids on almost each and every of their own auctions. And by this, raising their prices enormously.

I have been in touch with several collectors from Sweden who are aware of this group of thieves. But it doesn’t seem that any international bidders are aware.

As I don’t know if I am allowed to out these users on an open forum, I won’t do that yet.

But a tip to you all is to be aware of what’s going on. And to be extra cautious about who the bidders are.

The 3 accounts that these thieves use for their selling, starts with the letters A, A and L.

/J

2. Nicola Francesco Elia

Nicola Francesco Elia Subscriber

Hi John,

they steal or sell for real? I mean they only play to rise prices?

Nicola

3. John DG

Hello Nicola!

No. No steal in the meaning of stealing items from others. But steal in the meaning of stealing peoples money.

All the accounts are run by the same person. He has registered 8 profiles via friends and family members. And everything is run systematically like a lucrative scam.

All auctions that are listed by the 3 “seller profiles” get visited by his 5 other buyer profiles. And they raise the bids enormously. And if they don’t manage to fool the other bidders, and end up with the winning bid, they give each other good buyer reviews and list the item again, as nothing has happened.

It is very frustrating to see how honest bidders get fooled by this.

4. Nicola Francesco Elia

I see John, that’s for sure not correct and nice. Obviously, if at the end the winner is someone else, for sure he will pay what he offered, so that’s a buyer problem. I guess that to keep the rating they anyway must pay the sale commission to Tradera.

Probably they are trying to maximize their profits, but they could do the same by setting high prices as BIN option avoiding to sell to themselves. Probably the auction push ignare buyers to bid even higher...

Anyway, eBay too is full of these situations. Clearly sellers don’t want to see their items go for low prices, but if that is their fear the BIN option would be the right choice for them.

Nicola

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you for the heads up.
    @John DG, please message me the seller names.
    Duane

6. Odd

Seems you haven't got used to Tradera yet...
    Never bid - it just ignites scumbags like that - always snipe the auctions you REALLY want.
    Then you know the level we're actually dealing with.
    /Odd

7. Tom Pedersen Denmark

You often see it on tradera. For not so long sitting, 4 glasses were sold for various pressurelamps for almost 2000 Swedish kroner.
    Let's just get the names of the people who use this way of selling.

Tom

8. Tom Pedersen Denmark

Just a remark.
    Tradera was acquired by PayPal in 2015.
    PayPal tends to be a serious company. Has anyone tried to contact them with the problem.

Tom

9. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

10. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Shill Bidding. Sure - I recommend using the term 'allegedly'.

11. Tom Pedersen Denmark

@John DG
    Warning for bidders on Tradera.
    Hello John
    Thank you very much for your warning
    An interesting post you have posted in the forum.
    Warning for bidders on Tradera
    Is it possible that you want to send a personal message with these usernames I would be grateful.
    Sincerely
    Tom

12. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Too bad, Swedish sellers have been excellent at shipping stoves to me, just they don't always show all the dents, nor communicate timely. :) Been lucky at getting my Campus stoves from them.
    Duane

13. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Yes, Too bad??????

14. John DG

@Tom Pedersen

I have sent you a message.

There is some fake bidding going on right now, on a couple of auctions that are ending within 2 hours. Tradera has banned one of the usernames that the group use for fake bids and for purchases. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

15. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

16. John DG

17. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

Welcome to the site John

18. Tantra

Tantra Subscriber

I
    am 100% agree your point
    I have more information about their thieves group
    They are Taiwan province of China international students live in Sweden they hold a warehouse of stove.they hold a lot of Tradera ID
    Unfortunately A Taiwan of China company charges the customer service in tradera,the shop won’t help buyer.
    If the buyer found any scams over there,tradera will not help you.they all fraud and thieves,
    And there are live a Swedish local born fraud name huskavana Antik,a worldwide famous star,he cheat a lot of Chinese and Japanese and Taiwan (China) buyer,he sent different stove or steal parts or silent caps even a jets a needle,after you paid he was not sent packages after two months.

19. Tantra

Tantra Subscriber

I would like to share their thieves information to police station I hope they will be catch and sent to the jails

20. Nicola Francesco Elia

Fortunately I purchased only once a capsule of primus needles for a few euros a couple of years ago. It was cheap and never arrived, I though it was lost being a normal postal letter. Now I start to think that I have been stolen most probably.

Nicola