Warning for bidders on Tradera

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by John DG, May 9, 2021.

1. John DG

Thanks @IvanN

For the ones that are interested:
    If you want to follow some fake bidding that is going on as we speak, you can search for Optimus 515

There are two of those listed at the moment. One is listed by a totally legit seller. And the other one by a dishonest dude that works in a group with a couple of others.

The dishonest ones have placed high bids on the legit persons listing. This to make their own item more “valuable”. And they are also using a family member for fake bids on their own auction (that is ending in about an hour).

I hope that they don’t manage to trick anyone this time. And that they also win the other auction with their fake bid so they are forced to buy the other 515 them selfs. That would be some nice karma kicking back!

2. Brenneman

Brenneman Subscriber

@Nicola Francesco Elia was your purchase from one of the sellers involved in the matter at hand or from a different seller?

I have been buying from Tradera for quite some years now and all transactions were flawless, with good communication with the seller.

3. John DG

Just to be clear. Tradera is a good marketplace. Most sellers are honest. We have been buying lots of stuff without any issues. Flawless transactions and good communication with the sellers.

But it’s very sad when a bunch of dishonest people use the platform to trick people. The reason I’m warning about it is because I know that most people want a fair bidding procedure, and want to stay away from thieves.

For you guys that have received their usernames:
    Several auctions are ending today. And they are fake bidding right now. Check it out and see the pattern!

4. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

John, have you reported these offerings to Tradera? Even the shady eBay listings seem to have finally stopped for the Coleman 200 OCP lantern and the Hovik Verk Primus 41.
    Duane

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

@John DG
    Are you in USA or Malmo?
    This is your only posts here, can you write a bit about yourself in an introduction?
    You make allegations, but we do not know anything about you.

Ken

6. Nicola Francesco Elia

Nicola Francesco Elia Subscriber

@Brenneman it was a long time ago and I don’t remember the seller... honestly I can’t find anymore the purchase on my history.

Nicola

7. John DG

@hikerduane
    No, not me personally. But I know that several others have been in contact with them about this problem. Some accounts have been banned. But the issue is still a big problem. Especially when some people work in a group.

@snwcmpr
    I’m located in Sweden. Of course. I was thinking of starting another thread with a little introduction and what kind of stoves I’m interested in, hope to find some day etc.

The info I’ve given here isn’t to trash talk anyone innocent. To be fair I haven’t even outed any of them here. Only sent the info to the ones that have asked for it. These people are using an auction platform for international hustle. In my opinion, not okay. These kinds of people exits on other auction sites too of course. Tradera isn’t perfect. But it’s much easier for people who don’t know what’s going on, to see a shady pattern. Only by checking usernames. How these usernames bid, and what they win.

If someone that knows the bidding game places bids, they usually don’t place more than one bid during the auction. They wait for the actual bid until the last few seconds.

An experienced bidder do not start a bidding race. If they do, it’s usually a bad sign. Shady bidding.

It is extremely easy to see the pattern when checking ended auctions and comparing it with the list of these people.

Easy to see when they only place fake bids. And when they actually want to win an auction.

8. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

A seller just replied to me saying his father only bid once on a item he wanted, but I see on a rare item that another party mentioned has bid.
    Duane

9. Abbas Sweden

The fabrications you claim do not reach the truth, you first want to scare the buyers in order to lower the prices, and we know you well that you do not want any of these items to be sold outside Sweden. .. Many merchants buy, sell and exchange items on Trarada, and this thing is normal in a special site for trade and whoever wants to buy can set the price that suits him and no one can deceive anyone who has the mind. We have a lot of these items collected from all over Sweden and Europe, it can be Anyone can place the bids he wants, and no one forces anyone to buy something more than its actual value. I received a copy of your offensive letter in which he put the name of my company through which I sold thousands of items and all those I dealt with were happy...

10. snwcmpr

Welcome to CCS.

11. Abbas Sweden

Thank you

12. John DG

@Abbas

Very good with some clarification if the info I’ve received from several collectors isn’t correct. Especially if you are one of those in the ”list”.

But so this discussion won’t change course...

No, I do not want to scare any buyers. But I DO want to inform buyers about what’s going on. If they want to participate in some kind of bidding race were the sellers are placing fake bids to raise the price, that’s up to the buyers. The value of old collectors items are what the buyers are willing to give. So that could be $100 one day and $800 the next week depending on who has seen the listed item and what that person is willing to give.

If you think that having several accounts that places fake bids on your own items is okay, that is another discussion.

In my opinion a bidding procedure should be fair, and by bidders that actually want to buy the listed item.

I have been given screen shots from several ended auctions with the users from the lists. And there are many items that are re-relisted again after they have been “won” by the fake bidders. It’s like a circle of a never ending hustle.

If you and others think this is an okay way of selling rare stuff, fine.

But please do not pretend that there is fair play.

13. snwcmpr

This is interesting.
    2 new members that only post here, in this thread.
    No idea who they are.
    And ... they both contradict each other with the intent of affecting bidding on tradera.

Ken

14. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you John, I guess I'm not bidding on rare enough items, I have my Campus stoves and not so inclined anymore to spend money for more stoves. Still looking for two more Primus 96 years. Funny, most of my 96's come from Great Britain. The neat feature of Tradera is you can lower your bid if the bidding hasn't gotten above the amount you want to change to.
    Duane

15. Abbas Sweden

We have the right to return purchases if the buyer is not satisfied within days like any company. So we have many good buyers and at the same time they need to pay back or cancel their purchases and postpone them to other times, which forces us to resell them again and if the matter needs more than once, this is something Natural, although it often costs us large sums, you exaggerate and accuse us of cheating and insulting our company first, and this results in harm that we may have to hold you responsible for in the future, and we are ready to go to court.

16. John DG

@Abbas

This has nothing to do with any return policies, refunds or any other similar scenarios. That is some kind of try to change the direction of the actual matter. The

I don’t want to upload any of the screenshots or emails with info I have received. This , because it doesn’t feel okay doing that on an open forum.

The problem here is the following:
    Sellers using family members and friends to raise the price on their own auctions.
    When these (always the same fake bidders...) “sadly” win the auctions, fake good reviews are given. And then the items are rel-listed again, by one of the seller accounts in the group.

This is probably something that is happening on most auction platforms. But the good thing with Tradera is that usernames are visible. And that it is extremely easy to see the pattern if there is shady business.

And to be 100% clear, I wouldn’t even warned anyone about this if I hadn’t received evidence of what’s going on. And this from different people.

I don’t know if you actually are any of the ones from the list I’ve received. But if you are, you know that no one is exaggerating anything. I would rather say I’m beeing very fair, and downplaying what’s really been going on.

Wish you all the luck with your selling. But if you don’t want to play fair, inform the potential buyers that there is a very strange bidding procedure going on. And let them decide if they want to participate or not.

Probably half of the family are in law enforcement or in courts. And this would have probably been an interesting case.

17. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

On Tradera I generally place a small bid as a placemarker and then put my max in within the last few seconds.

I've bought a couple of things from Antik, the last a Primus 221. Slow postage but they arrived.

Alec.

18. John DG

@Rangie

Hey!
    I’m not sure which user/seller you mean.

But the issue here is not that items don’t arrive. There are a couple of users that systematically raise the bids on their own auctions. Fake bids just to make the winning bids higher. And if their own fake bids are the winning bids they pretend they have sold it and give good reviews, and then list the items again as nothing has happened.

Several people have noticed this pattern and have been taking screen shots of the sold items (to be able to check if the items are relisted), who the bidders are etc. And it’s totally clear what’s been going on.

So no one has said that items aren’t shipped after ended auctions. But many many many many buyers have been totally scammed by these seller(s) and paid a lot more than they should have been, if the auctions weren’t rigged with fake bids and dishonesty.

19. Dutchmike

Where there is trade, there is fraud. Old as mankind.
    Interesting to mention it here perhaps, but nothing shocking.
    You want an item, set your maximum price and stick to it.
    If that makes you a winner for the price you are still comfortable with, so whát if that price was supposedly hiked?
    It is intrinsical with any auction, bidding against one another.

Not fair? People and animals in this world suffering is not fair.
    As for this hobby, a superfluous luxury, no ground really for complaining.

Mike

20. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Say it ain't so!