1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weiheng-china stove

Discussion in 'China' started by geeves, Feb 7, 2014.

1. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

All the chinese stoves seem to share things like hoses jets and pumps. Parts although not straight off the shelf are not hard to get

2. Primus 96 United Kingdom

I don't have one of these Weiheng silent stoves.
    They are available from a US on-line source, but not it's UK subsidiary.
    Customer reviews criticise the Weiheng pump as being of poor quality.

I own a Futailong BRS-8. I would have liked to have a independent pressure-release on the pump as when unscrewing the pump from the bottle to release the pressure there is usually white gas spat onto your hand and down the fuel bottle.
    Apparently there us a upgraded pump with that feature.
    I have not yet seen any pump parts for this stove, which does not mean they are unavailable.

I have noted the Primus Ergo pump - at 2/3 of the price of either of the stoves.
    If the pumps are of common dimensions has anyone got information on parts to service the things with what you can get 'off the shelf' in the UK or US? I am particularly interested in the non-return valve.

3. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

ok Ill be honest. My Weiheng pump did fail by leaking between the tube and body. I havnt looked yet to see if its repairable but my brs8 pump worked just fine with this stove.

Both stoves came with a reasonable spares kit and the complete stove in both cases cost me less than the msr dragonfly repair kit costs here.