Which brand?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by ton visser, May 26, 2020.

1. ton visser

ton visser Subscriber

Hi folks,

I wonder, is there anyone who recognizes this reflector heater?
    I have been looking on the internet but not found anything like this one.
    Please notice the small flat part with some sort of hinge.
    And the lack of a preheating cup, very unlikely it left the factory in this shape.
    But as you can see on my avatar I might have the right stove to mount the reflector on.

Regards,

Ton.

[​IMG]

2. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Sweden Subscriber

3. z1ulike United States SotM Winner

It looks to me like the flat bottom reflector is on backwards. The preheat cup is probably hidden below it. My guess is that you'd start the heater with that plate removed. Then once it's going the reflector would be slid on over the preheat cup to protect the stove from radiant heat. If you look at that plate the curved side currently towards the front would fit nicely in the reflector bowl. It looks to be hinged so that it could be slipped between the missing heater bell support and the burner.

Ben

4. Brenneman

Brenneman Subscriber

5. z1ulike United States SotM Winner

I think @Brenneman is right about this being No. 155R but I don't think the hinged bottom reflector is a homemade replacement. If you look closely at the catalog picture it looks like it came that way. It looks like someone just put the bottom reflector over the preheat cup instead of below it like it should be. I was way off thinking the thing was on backwards!

Primus 6275 (7).jpg

Ben

6. ton visser

ton visser Subscriber

I agree it looks like the Primus 157R, but I found a very clear picture of a number 54 with the 157R mounted:

Sweden stove manufacturers

That one shows the flat part of the reflector with a hole for the pre heating cup, different to the one in my picture.
    I think I have to be patient, the stove and heater is promised to me by someone I know and he said there is more but I will have to look for it.

I have also noticed that the glowing part in my avatar has a different shape. What is the right name by the way?

As I said, I must be patient.

Regards,

Ton

7. Dutchmike

Ton, by the look of that heater cone - as I call it - it looks like an Optimus product to me. Optimus calls it a heater mantle. The appliance in your avatar seems to have lions feet, no regulated burner which would make it an Optimus 710 model.
    The hinged part in your mystery heater looks dead original to me and is simply assembled wrong.
    It is a heat deflector meant to keep the tank cool.
    What is missing is a suspended wide perforated cup as a glowing medium. You just look around in the gallery.

Too bad for you I have just gifted such a set up (cone plus suspending rod) to another dutch hobbyist only 2 weeks ago.